PDA

View Full Version : How to: Philips Crystal Vision H1

burak213
28-12-2009, 11:24 AM
hi guys

was going to buy these headlamp bulbs for my car DC5S

just wondering how to install these, because the store owner said do you want hi or low beam?

i researched some what where my car is H1 for low beam (not parkers)

is this all i need to change the low beam lights? do i need a seperate bulb for high beams?

help :confused:

02gzm
28-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Your car used 2 separate bulbs for low and hi beam. Don't bother replacing the hi beam with an expensive bulb. It's hardly ever on anyway. And when it is it puts out more than enough light.

The H1 Crystalvision part number is 12258CV.

Behind the headlight will be a dust/water cover with the wiring going into it. Pull it off, disconnect the plug and you should be able to see the prong of the bulb. There'll be a metal spring lock thing holding it in place. Undo it, replace the bulb and then do everything in reverse. Oh and don't touch the glass of the bulb.

MWAKU
28-12-2009, 01:57 PM
dont bother with phillips crystal vision

liquidsound on here sells mtec bulbs for like 36$ shipped, i find them heaps better then the phillips. i had the crystal visions, but i moved them to my hi beams, using my lo beams with my mtecs.

NightKids
28-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I had the MTEC 4750K and they were really crap, couldn't hardly see anything. This is due to the blue coating on the bulb.

I'd recommend Philips XTreme +80, Osram Nightbreaker +90 or Osram Rallye 65w. They produce the most light but they look yellow. Depends if you want looks or more light.

MWAKU
28-12-2009, 04:56 PM
im assuming he wants the white look, not the yellow look since he wants crystal visions

even once u go crystal vision, you loose shit loads of light, specially in the rain

NightKids
28-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes that's correct. They are really bad for raining conditions, yellow is definately a bit better. Reflects the road and signs pretty good though when weather is good.

burak213
28-12-2009, 06:14 PM
thanks for the help guys

so when i go into the shop i just ask for the lo beam? cause i dont mind what the bulb is for my hi beam since i rarely use it.

Also when i was there, the guy said it is much better than stock in rain conditions and can see the road better

and yes i want the white look but also want it to be better quality than my stock ones.

ill also have a look at the trader as well
thanks

WATAJK
28-12-2009, 07:03 PM
dont bother with phillips crystal vision

liquidsound on here sells mtec bulbs for like 36$ shipped, i find them heaps better then the phillips. i had the crystal visions, but i moved them to my hi beams, using my lo beams with my mtecs.

Sigh.

I have Phillips Crystal Vision in my DC5R and there FANTASTIC, better then any other globes i've had.

+1 To get them, i've got parkers, hi-beams, drivin lights n License Plates done.
Gawjuz globes man.

burak213
28-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Sigh.

I have Phillips Crystal Vision in my DC5R and there FANTASTIC, better then any other globes i've had.

+1 To get them, i've got parkers, hi-beams, drivin lights n License Plates done.
Gawjuz globes man.

damn not bad, any pics?

02gzm
28-12-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks for the help guys

so when i go into the shop i just ask for the lo beam? cause i dont mind what the bulb is for my hi beam since i rarely use it.

Also when i was there, the guy said it is much better than stock in rain conditions and can see the road better

and yes i want the white look but also want it to be better quality than my stock ones.

ill also have a look at the trader as well
thanks

There's no such thing as hi-beam H1's and low-beam H1's. There's just 1 type of H1 bulb. And the Crystal Vision part number is 12258CV like I said earlier. The guy at the store was just unnecessarily confusing you.

Just ask for H1 Crystal Visions.

WATAJK
28-12-2009, 07:50 PM
damn not bad, any pics?

car is currently in the panel shop man so i can't help on pics sorry to say.
But i tell you what, no-one and i mean no-one has ever complained that there to bright, never had issues with cops. Had them installed by a auto electrician then adjusted so they were sitting at the right driving height aswell.

They light up the street so well at night (especially on country roads) and the high beams are like ..... Fantastic and Incredible are the only words i can say to describe. You have to try them to believe me man, they're that good plus it's better then that UGLY standard yellow, just a BRIGHT white.

NightKids
28-12-2009, 09:48 PM
What's the difference between crystal vision and crystal vision ultra?

MWAKU
28-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Sigh.

Gawjuz globes man.

y are you sighing for?

ive used both crystal visions and mtecs. 36$ vs 90$, they do the same thing and both work great. which one do you want to buy.

lo beams vs hi beams are just different amount of power going into the bulb, for example my prelude has parkers - lo beam - and hi beam, parkers are L.E.Ds, lo beams are my h1 mtecs and hi beams are my h1 crystal vision

also i chose the mtec 4850k cause theres a tiny blue tint, in which i like.

DC5.Raven
28-12-2009, 10:29 PM
There's no such thing as hi-beam H1's and low-beam H1's. There's just 1 type of H1 bulb. And the Crystal Vision part number is 12258CV like I said earlier. The guy at the store was just unnecessarily confusing you.

Just ask for H1 Crystal Visions.

+1
^What he said. Theres only one type of H1 bulb.
Its just that the high beam on low beam use different types of bulbs.

The High Beam for DC5S is HB3 or 9005 btw.

IMO U might as well get the High Beams as well.
To keep the colour consistent.

Ive got the Phillips Blue Vision for both High and Low Beam (on my DC5S).

Good luck on installation and Phillips usually include a pair of parkers.

WATAJK
28-12-2009, 10:30 PM
y are you sighing for?

ive used both crystal visions and mtecs. 36$ vs 90$, they do the same thing and both work great. which one do you want to buy.

lo beams vs hi beams are just different amount of power going into the bulb, for example my prelude has parkers - lo beam - and hi beam, parkers are L.E.Ds, lo beams are my h1 mtecs and hi beams are my h1 crystal vision

also i chose the mtec 4850k cause theres a tiny blue tint, in which i like.

If you actually look carfully enough, phillips crystal vision have a dark blue tinge to them then MTECS do.
But thats my opinion

MWAKU
28-12-2009, 10:31 PM
crystal visions are like 4300k, theres a SLIGHT blue tinge.. mtec is 4850k, hence more blue tinge. have u used the mtecs on your car, compared it with the phillips, one on the LHS other on RHS? i have lol

02gzm
28-12-2009, 10:32 PM
What's the difference between crystal vision and crystal vision ultra?

In the US Crystal Vision is the same as our Diamond Vision. (i.e. 5000k, quite blue).
Their Crystal Vision Ultra is the same out our Crystal Vision (4300k, closer to white and because of this there's more light output).

Check out Invision's website (http://www.invisionsales.com/bulbs.html). They are basically Philips Australia.

Click on the headlight upgrades button on that page. Gives you a good indication of the light output of the Philips bulbs.

WATAJK
28-12-2009, 10:55 PM
crystal visions are like 4300k, theres a SLIGHT blue tinge.. mtec is 4850k, hence more blue tinge. have u used the mtecs on your car, compared it with the phillips, one on the LHS other on RHS? i have lol

I have tried it but the globes blew on me within 4 months..
My auto sparky whos also a family friend recommended Phills Crystal Vision etc etc.
I personally think there much better but thats me, everyone is different after all true?

Then again the way the Headlights of the DC5 are designed, they just brings the most utter brightness out so it doesn't really matter what the k rating of the globe is.

MWAKU
28-12-2009, 10:56 PM
i guess so, but there just bulbs i duno man. maybe its good for you but i find them the same just a major price difference lol

WATAJK
28-12-2009, 10:58 PM
i guess so, but there just bulbs i duno man. maybe its good for you but i find them the same just a major price difference lol

yeah lol, as i said everyone is different so yeah..
I love my globes, u love yours..

My suggestion to who posted this, choose one.. see how you go?
When the globes decide to bust (if you disliked those globes) its time to change over.
Best of luck :thumbsup: