PDA

View Full Version : Where to get rotor bolts from?

Chriskoss
28-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Yo guys, I need to drill out just 1 rotor bolt from my rotors as its stripped and stuck on.
So where can I find replacement ones from? Will any same sized bolt do the trick or do I need to get special honda OEM ones or similar?

Limbo
29-12-2009, 03:15 AM
i'd get an oem one.
Honda or a wrecker.

Also maybe PM jdmyard they may have them in stock

jdm_b16a
29-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Yo guys, I need to drill out just 1 rotor bolt from my rotors as its stripped and stuck on.
So where can I find replacement ones from? Will any same sized bolt do the trick or do I need to get special honda OEM ones or similar?

You mean wheel studs? These are a special design and are pressed into the hub so just any bolt will not be acceptable - they are an interference fit. A DIY method is to put the wheel stud in loosely and then use a wheel nut, tighten it up and it pulls the stud through. Check the other side to see if it is seated properly.

This is an example (not necessarily Honda):

http://images.brighthub.com/AE/C/AEC4A195DA81743274D98694C71798A9892CDE3D_large.jpg

Any autoparts store can get them in or order directly from Honda. Take one with you if you decide to go to REPCO or one of those stores to make sure you get the right one.

Peter

mocchi
29-12-2009, 07:45 AM
chriskoss do you mean rotor retaining screws?
if so supercheap/repco has it.

Chriskoss
29-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I mean the 2 little phillips head screws used to hold the rotor in place.. not the wheel studs
Supercheap have them do they? Thanks heaps

ZeForce
29-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Replace them with allen key type bolts.... bring one of the original bolts to any fastener shop and they should be able to match a replacement bolt with hex socket head instead of that stupid phillips head

jdm_b16a
29-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Replace them with allen key type bolts ...

OK. Now I get it. Sometimes they can be very stubborn so the above idea is a winner!

Peter

tiksie
30-12-2009, 07:28 AM
The ones in my ED don't tighten for some reason >< I noticed this after driving the other day and noticed a clunking sound that's been going on for a few days, so I took the wheel off and both the screws were loose! But I tryed to tighten then and they were threaded :(

Chriskoss
30-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Get some new bolts then, if that doesnt work the thread is stripped so you will need to rethread them with that twisty tool you use.

vinnY
03-01-2010, 12:34 AM
twisty tool = tap and die set

iirc they're just m6 screws anyway, if anyone knows where to get some countersunk allen head ones let me know i'd be down for a set of 8

ZeForce
03-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Search the yellows pages for "fasteners" in your area

mooshie
28-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Old thread I know but I wanted to add a question.

Are the screws even required? I have some redrilled rotors and they do not have a hole for the retaining screw, I thought that the rotor would just be held securely by the wheel?