PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 Luxury manual

265coupe
29-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Just found this forum and have been reading through Euro posts.

Seems that I'm not alone in my 5 years of Honda ownership problems.

The car was bought new and has suffered most of the recurring problems: Poor wheel alignment from new (1st model with 17s and rectified by a wheel alignment at tyre shop, dealership refused to acknowledge fault), 4 replacement clutch MCs, condensation in headlights, failed pass front and drivers front door locking actuators, rubbing boot springs (clank, clank), centre console locking clip failure, outside boot opening button, and last but not least- severely faded red paint (yes first of the fire engine red euros).

All service work has been done at Bayside Honda, Cleveland, Brisbane. And what a useless, untrustworthy and unreliable agent for Honda they are. Complaints to them and Honda Australia were treated with contempt and a blanket of 'no blame' ignorance was the recurring result.

Anyone want to buy a 5 year old pink, rattletrap with a grenade clutch mastercylinder that has to be unlocked with the key. No, I didn't think so.

Anyway I'm stuck with this thing for another couple of years and am glad to have found this forum so I can attempt to keep the car in a resonable state of repair myself instead of paying $125 an hour at Honda.

curtis265
29-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Good place to come.

Sux that you bought a lemon :(, but that's what happens.

I think you should have fought more for warranty - too late for that now. You'll get all the help you need form ozhonda :)

Welcome aboard.

euromandeluxe
29-12-2009, 08:43 PM
welcome mate,

it sucks that so much has gone wrong with your car. part of it is just luck of the draw I guess, my parents have had their euro since 03 and it's been pretty reliable with none of those problems.

hopefully you've enjoyed the rest of the car though

snYpz
29-12-2009, 10:03 PM
i cant comment on the other faults to the car, but the condensations and acuators are a very common problem. I had both those issues on the car and i know many people have had as well.

Regarding the fading red, i assume u have the milano red? that is a very very common issue wth red cars. The milano red doesnt have a clear coat (?), thus the issue of fading. I have the ruby red and the colour is still perfect.

aaronng
29-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Sounds like the normal issues, just that you had many of them together. I have a spare door actuator here waiting in case I need it.

Regarding the fading red, i assume u have the milano red? that is a very very common issue wth red cars. The milano red doesnt have a clear coat (?), thus the issue of fading. I have the ruby red and the colour is still perfect.
It does have a clear coat, but the red pigment is more prone to UV damage unfortunately.

tony1234
30-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi,

Just found this forum and have been reading through Euro posts.

Seems that I'm not alone in my 5 years of Honda ownership problems.

The car was bought new and has suffered most of the recurring problems: Poor wheel alignment from new (1st model with 17s and rectified by a wheel alignment at tyre shop, dealership refused to acknowledge fault), 4 replacement clutch MCs, condensation in headlights, failed pass front and drivers front door locking actuators, rubbing boot springs (clank, clank), centre console locking clip failure, outside boot opening button, and last but not least- severely faded red paint (yes first of the fire engine red euros).

All service work has been done at Bayside Honda, Cleveland, Brisbane. And what a useless, untrustworthy and unreliable agent for Honda they are. Complaints to them and Honda Australia were treated with contempt and a blanket of 'no blame' ignorance was the recurring result.

Anyone want to buy a 5 year old pink, rattletrap with a grenade clutch mastercylinder that has to be unlocked with the key. No, I didn't think so.

Anyway I'm stuck with this thing for another couple of years and am glad to have found this forum so I can attempt to keep the car in a resonable state of repair myself instead of paying $125 an hour at Honda.
If you've had these faults documented with the dealer when the car was still in warranty they can still be fixed at no charge even though the warranty has expired.I suggest you go back to the dealer and ask that they be fixed.If they refuse take the matter up with HA.I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory outcome but you'll have to be persistent.Keep on their case and don't go away.

The X Man
30-12-2009, 11:27 PM
rattletrap

I feel your pain mate. I too have had nothing but problems and more problems with my Euro. I fix one rattle and another appears, fix that and another appears, it's never ending.

Just recently my drivers door started to jam. Turns out the door dropped and all the dealer did was lift up the striker. Yep, it fixed the problem but now the drivers and rear doors don't line up at all! Back again for the 15th time now i think?

**** Honda's. Never will buy one again.

265coupe
31-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah, Hondas have this mystic about them. Of quality and engineering. Maybe once but these Thai built Euros destroy that image. $43,000 for a car that promised so much but delivers so little.

Of the many new cars I have bought (Toyota, Holden, Mazda, VW ) this one was surely the worst. In fact it rivals the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee we had for problems. But at least the paint on that one held up.

Anyway thanks for the welcome.

racerwannabe
31-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, Hondas have this mystic about them. Of quality and engineering. Maybe once but these Thai built Euros destroy that image. $43,000 for a car that promised so much but delivers so little.

Of the many new cars I have bought (Toyota, Holden, Mazda, VW ) this one was surely the worst. In fact it rivals the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee we had for problems. But at least the paint on that one held up.

The CL9 euro is made in Japan...

Xplodin
31-12-2009, 08:39 AM

Dude do some research and even if you read your VIN you would know that its made in jap. First 3 Digits tells you the WMI, World Manufacturer Identifier.

JHM - J is Japan country of origin, HM is Honda Motor

Thai Made is

MRH - MR Thai Country of Origin, H is Honda

The X Man
31-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Yep, i have had many new cars and my Euro has been the worst for problems now (i thought the Aurion was bad). Ah well, some of us are unlucky enough to buy the lemons and HA don't give a shit. The Euro's are made in Japan which makes all the problems some of us owners are experiencing more dissapointing.

aaronng
31-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I feel your pain mate. I too have had nothing but problems and more problems with my Euro. I fix one rattle and another appears, fix that and another appears, it's never ending.

Just recently my drivers door started to jam. Turns out the door dropped and all the dealer did was lift up the striker. Yep, it fixed the problem but now the drivers and rear doors don't line up at all! Back again for the 15th time now i think?

**** Honda's. Never will buy one again.

Haven't had the sagging door, but did you have anyone hanging off that door while it was open? Cars are metal and metal does bend or sag quicker if you put weight on it, like resting your elbows on top of the window frame with the door open while waiting for others to get into your car etc.

I would check which part of the lock mechanism is out of alignment and causing the jam and then adjusting that. Adjusting the striker and getting the door out of alignment makes little sense and is a bandaid fix.

The X Man
31-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Nope, it just gradually got worse and worse. You could feel the inside door handle stick or become rough when opening the door and from the outside it would make a deep clunk rather then just glide like the others. I beleive the dealer said they seen this problem before several times.

Yep, it's a bandaid fix allright. I think i will visit the Honda crash repairer nearby and have them look at it, at least it will be done properly.

I truley give up with this ****ing POS Honda!

Xplodin
31-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Man you really must have a lemon other wise you dont give a shit about ur car.

I've also have an 08 lux Sat Nav Manual and its been working wonders for me. No Problems to report as yet.

The X Man
31-12-2009, 04:14 PM
A lemon mate. I didn't even get to drive it out of the showroom when things had to be repaired.

Xplodin
31-12-2009, 04:20 PM
OUTCH! I would have requested a whole new car if you couldn't even drive it out of the showroom. That really sucks man.