PDA

View Full Version : some 16inch wheels on DC5R

J_Phongsavan
29-12-2009, 08:49 PM
i bought 16x7 5x114.3 caruso wheels today and i tried to put it on my DC5R but there wasnt much clearance due to the brake calipers... does some 16inch wheels cant put on DC5R or is there a way to get it fitted? now im driving with a pair of S2000 wheels for the fronts atm and they are 16inch. and DC5R rims are 16inch... o.O any advice?

rossirider
29-12-2009, 09:57 PM
hm, you need to do some major research before you buy any sort of wheels.

You need to know the offset of the wheels. DC5R stock offset is +45. So in theory, any offset the same or lower will clear the calipers. The design of the wheel will also affect the fitment. Even though the offset of an aftermarket rim is the same or lower, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will clear the caliper because all wheels are designed differently.

Next time, do some homework and see if anyone else has the same wheel and specs that you have on the DC5R.

Alternately, you can just get some spacers and call it a day.

J_Phongsavan
29-12-2009, 10:07 PM
hm, you need to do some major research before you buy any sort of wheels.

You need to know the offset of the wheels. DC5R stock offset is +45. So in theory, any offset the same or lower will clear the calipers. The design of the wheel will also affect the fitment. Even though the offset of an aftermarket rim is the same or lower, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will clear the caliper because all wheels are designed differently.

Next time, do some homework and see if anyone else has the same wheel and specs that you have on the DC5R.

Alternately, you can just get some spacers and call it a day.

yeah major ******* research expecting to know that not all aftermarkert rims fits. after knowing the offset of the wheels, how do i expect to know if it fits or not? wheels cannot be trial first.

having 2hrs sleep today just for this looking at the specs and got told at the shop it will fit, i trust this guy and he is yonas and started my decision there... and no one has these wheels.

DLO01
29-12-2009, 10:24 PM
By all means do your research, but if you think its gonna be close, then trial fit is the only way to be sure.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
29-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Offset would also effect it (imo)

Dean is right though, Trial and Error.

Which s2k wheels do you have on? the rear wheel ones or front ones?

J_Phongsavan
29-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Offset would also effect it (imo)

Dean is right though, Trial and Error.

Which s2k wheels do you have on? the rear wheel ones or front ones?

offsets +42, i had SF challenge wheels and they were +37... i have front ones borrowed because the two were damaged from them

rossirider
29-12-2009, 10:39 PM
you don't need that much clearance anyways. If they fit and you can turn the wheel around without hearing the spokes scrap the caliper, it fits. Mine clears by a mm or so and have never had a problem.

Now if your having clearance issues on the bottom or the top of the caliper or its really close, you either need to grind the caliper back or change wheels.

J_Phongsavan
29-12-2009, 10:54 PM
you don't need that much clearance anyways. If they fit and you can turn the wheel around without hearing the spokes scrap the caliper, it fits. Mine clears by a mm or so and have never had a problem.

Now if your having clearance issues on the bottom or the top of the caliper or its really close, you either need to grind the caliper back or change wheels.

i was thinking of griding or sanding the calipers by a lil bit as the calipers are huge and lil think too.

YBJLS4
29-12-2009, 10:55 PM
spacers?

J_Phongsavan
29-12-2009, 10:57 PM
spacers?

i will try bigger spacers tomorrow agains

Zilli
30-12-2009, 06:54 AM
mate why dont you go back to Yonas... he is one of our top traders here, and i have no doubt he will do his best (within business reason) to help you out...