PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP: how to run wire through firewall CD5

northerly
31-12-2009, 05:02 PM
as above,

i would really appreciate it if someone could let me know where to run a 8G cable (to amp) from battery through the firewall.

I do not want to drill it. The only opening I see is taken up entirely by a big piece of wiring with a massive loom at each end and would rather not disturb that. (middle; behind accel pedal).

Thanks, it is a 94 Accord 5 speed..

riruiz_88
31-12-2009, 05:52 PM
im not sure if the accord is the same as an EG, but there is a grommet that isnt being used next to the battery. on the side of the battery where the intake manifold is. if there is, just poke it with a big phillips or flat head screw driver. just keep looking around the bay man, should be at least one grommet not being used.

northerly
31-12-2009, 06:11 PM
mm think its different man the battery is closer to the headers than the intake manifold.

so used to working on a ford 6, these things have no room inside them!!

I really am trying to look but I cannot find ANYTHING. Also a fair few sites (googled) said that there is one behind the clutch pedal - not there - and even more suggested drilling was neccessary.

happy new years

CB7_OWNER
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
There is one metal cover( looks like a donut flange) near the brake master cylinder in the engine bay on the left side. From what i remember, near where the throttle cable comes out from the firewall.. its held on by 2 nuts in the driver side foot well, when you pop this off its just an unused hole..

This was teh case for my 91 accord ( no abs) soo not sure if its the same for your accord.

rahul
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
on the battery side of the firewall, there is a big wire grommet that carries a lot of wires to the fuse box in the driver's side kick panel. cut a slit in the rubber grommet to run the wire.

i'm running a 0ga that way, been over couple of years now in my cd5. No problems what so ever with moisture, dust etc...