PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] High Spinning Noise when car warms

at182
01-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Guys I'm looking for some advice on what this could be on my AT 2005 CL9 about 140k KM, not long after I got the car back from some smash repair work that involved a repair of the wiring harness front drivers side headlights and radiator work this high spinning noise starts happening when the car warms up gets faster when I accelerate. Doesn't happen when I've got the foot down in neutral it progressively gets louder when I accelerate in gear and as I drive it for longer periods.

I took it back to the repairers they reckon its the transmission and it needs to be replaced as it can't be serviced.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Cynosure
15-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Yep, I'm actually in the same boat as you man. 129XXX k's. Knocking noise when in Idle. They say it's something wrong with the transmission. Car's currently in the shop as I have it under warranty. Will update as soon as fixed

djpro1
15-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Guys I'm looking for some advice on what this could be on my AT 2005 CL9 about 140k KM, not long after I got the car back from some smash repair work that involved a repair of the wiring harness front drivers side headlights and radiator work this high spinning noise starts happening when the car warms up gets faster when I accelerate. Doesn't happen when I've got the foot down in neutral it progressively gets louder when I accelerate in gear and as I drive it for longer periods.

I took it back to the repairers they reckon its the transmission and it needs to be replaced as it can't be serviced.

Anyone had similar experiences?

most likely transmission. My friend had this problem and he had to get his whole gearbox replaced costing him 5000$ on his silvia s15.