PDA

View Full Version : DC2 and EG fuel lines

mr_kentu
01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
has anyone know whether the hard-fuel lines (under the car) from dc2 can fit to EG ?

Thanks. :)

chowdaa
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
skeptical, but why do you need to? if you don't mind me asking. both have a 5/16" as feed from memory, regardless efi or carby. If you wanted to upgrade, the next size up is 3/8 which can be bought as "bundy tube" which is a near straight tube and you must bend to suit. You will need to remove your front subframe to get old lines out and new ones in sadly too.

mr_kentu
05-01-2010, 06:06 PM
hi mate, thanks for your reply. both carby and efi has 3 lines.
the feed line is as big as efi' but the return is about 0.5mm smaller. really its looks soo small. i just worry that in a really high pressure fuel hasnt got sufficient way return to the tank and may result flood and damage the engine ?
where can i buy that bundy tube? do you have the link website for that?

chowdaa
05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
You will find that the the lines are the same carby and efi, only thing different is the return and tank vent/charcoal are switched around. 5/16" is suitable for feed for most performance street cars, 1/4" i think is return and again suitable for street cars, next size down is the vent, possible 3/16". Flooding and damage to the engine can not occur as the fuel regulator should be working to maintain 31-38 psi. upgrading the return line as a precaution seems to be a lost investment. Bundy tube is available from any repco or autobarn for around 15 dollars a meter.

mr_kentu
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
yea mate i know it will cost a lot, but good news i found hard fuel lines off dc2r. so everything would be alrite... cheers mate. :)