PDA

View Full Version : power windows not working

gee-aye-dee
01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
ok i did a search found a bit of info but not exactly what i need

passenger side power window not working at all. its raining outside, theres a immobile car in my car port and the new eg civic is out in the rain with towels over the window.

there is no clicking noise no relay no motor noise. both switches dont work.
im assuming that both switches need to be hooked up for the pass side to work?

both are plugged in but on passenger side on the loom of the switch there are two wires that are cut and go nowhere. would this be causing the drivers switch not to work?

or is my problem deeper? relay motor wiring etc.

any help greatly appreciated

WATAJK
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
ok i did a search found a bit of info but not exactly what i need

passenger side power window not working at all. its raining outside, theres a immobile car in my car port and the new eg civic is out in the rain with towels over the window.

there is no clicking noise no relay no motor noise. both switches dont work.
im assuming that both switches need to be hooked up for the pass side to work?

both are plugged in but on passenger side on the loom of the switch there are two wires that are cut and go nowhere. would this be causing the drivers switch not to work?

or is my problem deeper? relay motor wiring etc.

any help greatly appreciated

Could be the motor thats gone or your wiring has become loose
Worse case scenairo would be the motor i'd say.

riruiz_88
02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
first things first. check that the motor is still good. take off the door trim and disconnect the passenger motor pig tails. this will leave you with 2 cables at the motor. put supply voltage at it by using some speaker cable (or similar) direct from the battery. this should power the window to go up or down, just depends where the active and ground is. make sure it works in both up and down.

gee-aye-dee
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
how what do the wires look like from the motor its hard to see in there and i can only see one plug but cant figure how to unplug it there is one other plug with 2 pins sticking out of where the wires for the switch come through the door i assume this is another plug for it. i tested it and it was making noise but not moving. the window is fully open so i assume it would be the wires for down?

riruiz_88
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
so you have the door trim off yeh? down the bottom and roughly center of the door is a harnesss with only 2 cables which then go to the motor. trace that it goes to the motor then unplug the harness. now put supply voltage on the 2 cables that go to the motor, and you MUST not short the cables that have voltage other wise say good by to alot of your electronics.

na-118
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
mate first thing check the fuse LOL

riruiz_88
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
that too haha