PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat location on EG

altong0840
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
hi~anyone here know where is theThermostat location on EG with D15B4 engine? i want to replace mine because my auto choke (fast idle) only work when the weather is nice and cool~ but not work when it is 30'C and hotter~it would be great if someone can show me the pic~:thumbsup:

vtecster
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
just follow to the left side of your engine look and u should see it.. its where one of your radiator hoses ends wen it meets ur engine

egSi
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Follow your LOWER radiator hose. The housing that the hose meets is removed to reveal the thermostat.

:thumbsup:

DLO01
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
follow where the top radiator hose leads too. it will lead to the thermostat housing, and the thermostat will be in there.

Wrong

Follow your LOWER radiator hose. The housing that the hose meets is removed to reveal the thermostat.

:thumbsup:

Right!!! :thumbsup:

markismaximus
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
In here.............. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/mx83cressida/Week4-028.jpg

But this is on a D16Y1, but is most likely identical on the D15B4

~Sp33~
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
The problem you're having sounds completely unrelated to the thermostat.

altong0840
03-01-2010, 01:17 AM
thz for the information!!!! will try to undo mine and get the new one~ but what is the difference between the OEM one and the mugen one? seems like it is nth different but the mugen is so pricy~~

~Sp33~
03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
The Mugen one will often open sooner and reduce operating temperatures. Something that isn't needed on a stock engine.

dougie_504
03-01-2010, 08:00 PM
The Mugen one will often open sooner and reduce operating temperatures. Something that isn't needed on a stock engine.

Yep!

After market thermostats that keep your engine cooler, by opening sooner, are more for racing applications where the engine is prone to ongoing heavy/hard use and will heat up over the regular operating temp

dougie_504
03-01-2010, 08:04 PM
And for what it is, I think changing the thermostat is a real bitch of a job because I have big hands and the amount of working space you have in there is limited

~Sp33~
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
And for what it is, I think changing the thermostat is a real bitch of a job because I have big hands and the amount of working space you have in there is limited

Changing anything but the spark plugs is a bitch of a job, haha. Getting parts in the engine bay of a pre-EK civic/crx is like playing tetris.

Especially if you've got aircon and power steer.

dougie_504
03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Changing anything but the spark plugs is a bitch of a job, haha. Getting parts in the engine bay of a pre-EK civic/crx is like playing tetris.

Especially if you've got aircon and power steer.

Yeah I found this out when my family mechanic refused to do my thermostat back when I was noobier than I am now.

He's over 70 and has been a mech for 50 years but is a huge man with monster hands and was just like "No ****ing way am I doing that, everything Honda is a pain in the ass. You need a 1" screwdriver to get the first screw then a foot-long one for the next. You do it."

So he described it to me and what I thought was an easy looking job took me over two hours haha