PDA

View Full Version : help! help! !!!!!

vteccoupe
29-11-2004, 03:34 PM
hey guys..have tried to DIY fitting a blue neon light in the boot..the prob is i cut out the existing lighting..and connect the blue neon light wiring to the existing lighting's wiring...negative to negative..postive to positive...bt it doesnt lights up!is there any other things dat i need to light it up?also now the cabin's light doesnt work as well...WAT IS WRONG!!HELP! HELP!

Si1enzio
29-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Hhhmmmm must blew the fuse dude... ehehheh heehehhe

Messing with the wiring thats what u get :p

Just check the fuses, its definately it...

KB
29-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Yep whip out your honda manual, and look in fuses section. Theres a fuse box inside the cabin and inside the engine bay. But search for something like, "cabin interior light" or something like that.

Other wise Maybe when you cut your existing wiring you might of cut a loop of some sort. Series curcuit style. Dunno Really? :D

DLO01
29-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeh, probably is a fuse. You might have acidently touched the wires together, or even the +ve on the body would have shorted it and blew the fuse.
Good luck! :D

DLO01
29-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Even if you cut though both the wires together at the same time you would have shorted it through the wire cutters, thats taking that the power was on. :thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
29-11-2004, 06:31 PM
the wiring for the interior light and boot light are a bit tricky, you got constant 12v to one side of the globe throught the globe then off the the door switch where it gets grounded. you might not have hooked it up correctly.

mugeneration
29-11-2004, 08:04 PM
been there and done that! i tried doing the same thing last weekend, and yes i stupidly blew a fuse. Problem is though, even afterwards it wouldnt work and i couldn't quite explain it. Testing the wires proved there was current running through them (after replacing fuse), the light was hooked up properly and everything, but it still didnt work. It gave me the shits so much that i chucked the now useless neon out and just replaced the original light's bulb with a pissy little blue bulb.

Maybe try a more expensive type neon? ones that are meant to be connected to wires, rather than the cigarette lighter? that may have been a way to solve the problem.

DualCarb
29-11-2004, 08:13 PM
...and next time remember to disconnect the battery before attempting any electrical work on your car....

Lyle_Style
29-11-2004, 09:23 PM
dont need to dissconnet the batter just take out the fuse from the fuse board for the boot light and then wire it up. just pick up some new fuses from tandys or somethin

edw-R
03-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Did you try conntect to battery??