PDA

View Full Version : Removing Koni shocks from dc2

Boost
29-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Ok guys, heres the problem.. i installed the konis in the car... didnt like the feel of the setup so i decided to take out the springs i have in it and put the stock ones back on along with the konis.
The problem is i cant get the shocks out of the car... the forks at the front are jammed tight onto the base of the shocks. The shocks are uncompressed and so it is pushing the fork hard against the drive shaft. So i cant take out the shocks cause i cant remove the shocks from the fork.. i cant put it all back together cause i now cant realign the forks bolt holes with the control arm holes because the shock is pushing out making it virtually impossible to compress and align the bastard.. What can i do now??/

fried
29-11-2004, 06:22 PM
steve....
leave the fork on the base of the shock...
take the WHOLE assembly out.

and smash that thing off.

to take the asembly off, get a mate to stand on the hub (brake rotor).

tinkerbell
29-11-2004, 06:59 PM
if you have uncompressed springs you are rooted...

have to remove the driveshaft etc i'd say...

Boost
29-11-2004, 07:44 PM
nar i have lowered springs on the shocks and it is uncaptive is its not a problem. The problem is getting it out, the shock is pushing the fork hard against the drive shaft making it viturally impossible to remove.
I have spoken to a Rickdamelian mechanic and he has shown me a way to get it out.. so i will give it a go tomorrow... hope it works.. if not im scred big time :D

bennjamin
29-11-2004, 07:48 PM
DID you remove the locking bolt on the REAR of the front forks ?

Once that is off , its jsut amatter of hitting the fork with a hammer etc to loosen it off and take it out.

BTW its pretty hard to take the whole shock+ fork assembly out in one piece...

Boost
02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
yeh.. i took the bolt off... but the farkin thing is jammed in tight!... it is REALLY hard taking the entire assembly out in one piece i know......