PDA

View Full Version : running 2 amps

dundas
29-11-2004, 05:36 PM
hello im thinking about running 2 amps if i dont find a cheap 4 channel alpine or jaycar amp

just wondering HOW DO I DO THIS with the RCA, remote, umm is tehre any other cables..i know for ppower all i need is a distribution block or sumthing so das ok...
pictures diagrams would be great---

thanks

bumography
29-11-2004, 06:06 PM
ooh yea
http://www.users.on.net/~thong_linh/ampz.jpg

dundas
29-11-2004, 06:13 PM
hahah crazy stuff dat amp looks like mine ahahah

great write up thong

Psyklops
29-11-2004, 08:34 PM
"remote wire can be used in series"

that's in parrallel in the diagram, not series...if it was in series it would pass THROUGH the first amp and then onto the second out of an output of sorts...this does not occur in generic amps, if any amps at that in regards to remote switches...just a technicality I couldn't help pointing out...good diagram but ;) :)

fried
29-11-2004, 10:05 PM
holy crap!

that was quick and handy bum! nice!

shashora
29-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey guys when i installed my amp i couldnt connect my remote wire like that ! it could only take enough power to turn on one or the other!

So what i did if anyone gets the same problem! Get a circuit tester (or watever u wanna call it) ground it and test the ports in ur fuse box!

You have to test for ports in ur fuse box under the dash that have power when the accessories are turned on but has no power when the car is turned off!

If u find one then u can just use this for a remote cable! You can buy the clips to connect to ur fuse box at jay car or most car elextrical shops! This works well but i personally just use this one 4 my sub!
If this is confusing tell me what u dont get ill fully explain it!

Fhrx
30-11-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey guys when i installed my amp i couldnt connect my remote wire like that ! it could only take enough power to turn on one or the other!

So what i did if anyone gets the same problem! Get a circuit tester (or watever u wanna call it) ground it and test the ports in ur fuse box!

You have to test for ports in ur fuse box under the dash that have power when the accessories are turned on but has no power when the car is turned off!

If u find one then u can just use this for a remote cable! You can buy the clips to connect to ur fuse box at jay car or most car elextrical shops! This works well but i personally just use this one 4 my sub!
If this is confusing tell me what u dont get ill fully explain it!
Must be honest, you've lost me with that post. What is a port on the fuse block got to do with the remote turn on wire?

dundas
30-11-2004, 11:59 AM
i too am totally confused now LMAO

dundas
30-11-2004, 12:01 PM
oh yeah got a pic of wat a RCA splitter is LMAO
im total ICE nooB===
simple diagram will be fine ^_^

shashora
30-11-2004, 08:04 PM
sorry guys lol well the port on the fuse box u know the one below ur steering wheel! well u hvae spare ports there!
Some of the ports have power at diffrent times! ie when u turn on accesories power will go to some ports and then u turn off accesories power will stop! This is good to use for a remote cable because like the one on the back of ur head unit it sends power to the amp, when the accesories are turned on and turns off when u turn it off!
So this will act exactly like a remote cable! if ur in sydney i dont mind showing u for free, just pm me!