PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Suspension install question

racerwannabe
03-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I am in the process of installing new springs and shocks. The front shocks are not interchangeable - ie you can't mix left with right.

Can someone please clarify which is the right one and which is left. Does the right correspond with the driver's side - ie you in the car facing forward?

Cheers.

SiReal
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
i installed bilsteins with a mate recently, they were interchangeable L&R. The only non interchangeable part was the HID leveler bracket, which u mallot off from the stock shock, ground down, and put onto the new shock, of the same corresponding side..

P.s. this only applies if doing an aftermarket shock install. If OEM, then just compare part number to part number

racerwannabe
04-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, the stock coilovers were taken out a long time ago so I can't match part numbers.

I'm installing the koni shocks and the front two are marked as left and right unlike the bilsteins?

racerwannabe
04-01-2010, 08:54 PM
do coilovers affect vsa function? ie ldash light remains on or not?

No coilovers do not cause the vsa dash light to remain on.

Anyway, does anyone know the answer to my original question??

aaronng
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Just decide on one. I would have put L on the driver's side and R on the passenger's side (looking from the front of the car).

STTICH
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
^ wouldnt it make more sense if L is the passenger side and R is driver side?

racerwannabe
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
^ wouldnt it make more sense if L is the passenger side and R is driver side?

Yep that's what I thought but it could be the other way like aaron said..

Anyhoo, the left shock has the HID leveller bracket. If you know which side of the car the HID leveller bracket is located please post here. Driver or passenger side? Thanks.

aaronng
05-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Yep that's what I thought but it could be the other way like aaron said..

Anyhoo, the left shock has the HID leveller bracket. If you know which side of the car the HID leveller bracket is located please post here. Driver or passenger side? Thanks.

Then STITCH is right, because the HID leveller is on the passenger side. :thumbsup:

racerwannabe
05-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys..now i can finish the install! Neuspeed supercup kit woot woot.

EURO1dr
19-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi SiReal,

How much did you pay for the Bilsteins and what springs are you using?

Cheers,

Kim.

tony1234
20-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi SiReal,

How much did you pay for the Bilsteins and what springs are you using?

Cheers,

Kim.
Bilsteins for the Euro are approx.$1100-$1200 plus springs plus install.I have Bilstein with Eibach springs(approx.$500).BTW you WILL need a rear camber kit as well.