PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Handsfree Legality (NSW P Plate)

UkuleleGod
04-01-2010, 02:20 AM
I just installed a new Head unit (KD-R805) into my car with Bluetooth integration. I am a red p-plate driver (NSW) and I am wondering whether i will get booked if I am caught using it.

Cheers!

Mark

drift_king
04-01-2010, 04:17 AM
mate i think its illegal for p platers to use their mobile phone at all while driving but mehh, just say your singing along to the music if pulled over yeah LOL

Troy
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Just pull over :thumbsup:

SHOGUNOVDDRK
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Its illegal for a P-plater to be caught using a mobile phone for any kind of reason.

Just pull the **** over.

flipfire
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Its illegal for Red P platers to be on the phone at all. For Greens and fulls, your allowed to use handsfree.

UkuleleGod
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks, thats the answer I was looking for.

I'll just stick to pulling over for now. I am getting my greens in a few months anyways.

I have all of my microphones hidden, and the phone in the glove box. So i could probalbly get away with saying I was singing along to the music :P

but yeah, Ive just always wondered about the legality.

+REP

kcokla
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
For what its worth; ive had a blue tooth system in my car since i was on my L's
and have never gotten caught.
nor stopped,

however - i have been stopped for talking on the phone and been booked $253 (yes i didnt use my bluetooth !! )

Troy
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I always pull over anyway, I find that even though I can still stay on the road, I'm just distracted and afterward I don't remember driving through that last stretch of the road. Although it's probably the nature of the calls, as I do onsite computer support and so people ring me and start getting all technical on me when I'm driving, it's like "sheesh man". Now I just pull up, get my diary out so it's all ready when I need to take down details.