PDA

View Full Version : DIY Aircon System Flush

JDM-K20
04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey all,

What parts do I need to remove for an aircon system flush? I have an air compressor at home so i can use that to flush the pipes, but just dont know which parts to remove. I have a 99 Honda civic sedan....

Cheers!

na-118
04-01-2010, 04:17 PM
LOL are you serious diy on this shit? so where you going to release the gases?

90LAN
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
you need a licence to do ac gassing now

HondaTechy
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
This is not a good DIY thing to do!
If you have a/c gas in the system it has to be recovered properly. Cleaning the sytem out with an air compressor is not a good idea because it will probably put too much moisture into the system and will not clean much out anyway.You will need to have it flushed correctly with either a correct solvent or a/c gas and done with the correct machine.
what's wrong with it anyway?
Sometimes its good to leave it to the professionals.

4shizz
04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
err.. take it else where mate.

JDM-K20
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Well my dad is an aircon technician...technically he could do it for me. But theres no gas in the system atm.... A/C system had been down for years and not working. Recently installed a new a/c compressor and now i wna flush the system or as much of it as i can before regassing.

HondaTechy
04-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Fair enough. It'd be better if you replace the receiver drier as well while your at it, especially if you have debris in it. That will help prevent any blockages and help your a/c run more effiently, its like your enging oil filter... just for the a/c.

vinnY
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
why do you want to flush it when the aircon guys will pull a vac on the system to clean out the pipes anyway?

i just flushed my pipes with some shellite and let the aircon guys do the rest