PDA

View Full Version : Reporting / dealing with scammers on the forum

CIV-18C
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Yeah this particular thread is about junyu/ummmz. Problem with having a dedicated thread regarding scammers is that people start posting in there for the slightest bad trading experiance. Before the iTrader system we tried something like this (dedicated thread for trader experiences) and well...let's just say it didn't last very long due to some of the posts made and complaints from other users!

I haven't heard anything back from the police recently but update this thread if / when I do. Please PM me if anyone has more information.

I hate to undo any of your work on here Wynode, as it is top notch!
But being that it's nearly 3am and can't sleep I thought i'd pipe up and have my say.

A dedicated thread for scammers, in my opinion is an awesome idea to bring back into the forum. As it would be an easy and clear way of identifying who to steer clear of.
I check iTrader ratings all the time. But, like eBay, a couple of bad ones compared to a heck of a lot more good ratings, will not deter a buyer from having a trancastion with a possible scammer.
To combat those posts and complaints from other users that you mentioned, maybe a set of guidelines on what type of posts and complaints one can make can sort it out?
It will require moderators to overlook posts and such, but that is what they have elected for themselves to do.
And if a post made doesn't agree with the guidelines, then just delete the post, enter a reason and done. I think that practice is referred to "thread cleaning" right? I see it done all the time.

Being a frequent buyer/sometimes seller on OzHonda, I try my very best not to mess around, waste anyones time and only enquire into things i'm genuinely interested in. Very rarely, hens tooth rare lol, have I ever enquired about something without actually purchasing the item. And I'd like to think others are the same. And it's on them, the seller/buyer to do the best they can in acting with good nature when dealing in the marketplace to avoid having their name dragged in the mud. If not, then really, they bring it upon themselves.

So if a seller is out there, that is no good at answering questions, no good at dealing with shipping issues or even no good at just simply getting back to a member, I myself, and i'm sure others, would to know about it beforehand. Time wasting, ducking and hiding, and avoidance are other marketplace issues that I'd like to have eardicated. Although scamming is on top of that issue tree I believe.
So again, a dedicated thread for complaints, etc will help in that regard too.

And let's face it, when something negative is made into a public spectacle, it forces the user/scammer to man up, fix the issue and become a better seller and more importantly in regards to forums; a more valued member. Or even better, forces the user/scammer and the like to just pack up and leave.

I really am sick and tired of reading posts/threads regarding scams.
I do think it's high time to step up the game in the battle against them.

My 2 and a half cents.

Thank you and Goodnight!

Twincam16
03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I check iTrader ratings all the time. But, like eBay, a couple of bad ones compared to a heck of a lot more good ratings, will not deter a buyer from having a trancastion with a possible scammer.

To combat those posts and complaints from other users that you mentioned, maybe a set of guidelines on what type of posts and complaints one can make can sort it out?
It will require moderators to overlook posts and such, but that is what they have elected for themselves to do.
And if a post made doesn't agree with the guidelines, then just delete the post, enter a reason and done. I think that practice is referred to "thread cleaning" right? I see it done all the time.

Being a frequent buyer/sometimes seller on OzHonda, I try my very best not to mess around, waste anyones time and only enquire into things i'm genuinely interested in. Very rarely, hens tooth rare lol, have I ever enquired about something without actually purchasing the item. And I'd like to think others are the same. And it's on them, the seller/buyer to do the best they can in acting with good nature when dealing in the marketplace to avoid having their name dragged in the mud. If not, then really, they bring it upon themselves.

So if a seller is out there, that is no good at answering questions, no good at dealing with shipping issues or even no good at just simply getting back to a member, I myself, and i'm sure others, would to know about it beforehand.

All online transactions require the buyer to be aware of the item and who they are dealing with, regardless of a sellers previous points or transactions. Unfortunately there is always the element of risk buying online or interstate.

A question though, what will a dedicated thread provide which the iTrader system is yet to offer?

zco
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
details into transactions, a discussion amongst other members, and also public humility.
it'd also be a great place for "scammers" to respond, explain, justify actions. and if they dont, then i guess the public will all know about it.

it'd be good to put opinions and posts on about time wasters and low ballers

CIV-18C
04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
All online transactions require the buyer to be aware of the item and who they are dealing with, regardless of a sellers previous points or transactions. Unfortunately there is always the element of risk buying online or interstate.

A question though, what will a dedicated thread provide which the iTrader system is yet to offer?

This.

And let's face it, when something negative is made into a public spectacle, it forces the user/scammer to man up, fix the issue and become a better seller and more importantly in regards to forums; a more valued member. Or even better, forces the user/scammer and the like to just pack up and leave.

And this.

details into transactions, a discussion amongst other members, and also public humility.
it'd also be a great place for "scammers" to respond, explain, justify actions. and if they dont, then i guess the public will all know about it.

Think of it as more of a step towards a solution to combat scamming and not just an awareness tool.
Which is what the iTrader rating system and the like (ebay system, etc) are.
I'm well aware of the risks with online trading. I thoroughly check ratings and make sure to make some kind of human (personal) contact if interstate or pick up when in the same state (although not a ridculous distance away)
But in the scheme of things, to be rid of such bullsh1t, OzHonda should take another step up in the battle of this issue.

Why is it such a problem?
Is it the man power? Legalities? Some other sort of complication?
It's obvious that this is an enduring problem that all members would like to be rid of.
So why the hesitance from OzHonda?

I really like logging into this forum and taking a look around, having a laugh, gaining information, even making eventual friends.
And I would hate to see the hard work of the moderators of/and OzHonda go down the drain only because of a few unwanted members who make people lose trust in other people.
So please do not think of my posts in this thread as a stab at the moderators or even OzHonda as a whole, they are merely well thought of suggestions and not useless fluff coming from the inner workings of my mind.

wynode
04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for your comments CIV-18C. We also want to make OH better for members, however need to think about the decissions we make. Not that we don't want to get rid of scammers, it's more that we want to make sure people aren't accused as being scammers simply they cannot be contacted for a short period of time (or due to a lack of communication.

In regards to a comment about users seeing negative ratings and still buying from that user, then that is their fault. They should AT LEAST PM the person who has given him/her a negative rating asking why it was given. Common sense really and if you do not do that, then you can only blame yourself

I'll address some of your points raised. See comments in Red below.

So if a seller is out there, that is no good at answering questions, no good at dealing with shipping issues or even no good at just simply getting back to a member, I myself, and i'm sure others, would to know about it beforehand. Time wasting, ducking and hiding, and avoidance are other marketplace issues that I'd like to have eardicated. Although scamming is on top of that issue tree I believe.
So again, a dedicated thread for complaints, etc will help in that regard too.
Problem with this is that people tend to just use the thread whenever they can't get in contact with someone. Even so before a transaction has ever taken place. Before the iTrader system we had a single thread for 'trader experiances'. It didn't last very long because some users would post negative feedback just to get the seller to respond.

I really am sick and tired of reading posts/threads regarding scams.
I do think it's high time to step up the game in the battle against them.

Agreed. That is why we have a system in place for this. Please see this announcement (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=4) which is at the top of the marketplace. In summary, if / when I get multiple complaints against a user, his/her account is suspended till the issue is sorted out. It is a simple process and allows us to track multiple complaints against a particular user.

My 2 and a half cents.

Thank you and Goodnight!

zco, your idea is good however having a thread open like this to allow discussion amongst members and point out time waters / low ballers only ends up in a messy thread. This being why the thread we trialled years back got closed pretty quick.

This.
And this.
Think of it as more of a step towards a solution to combat scamming and not just an awareness tool.
Which is what the iTrader rating system and the like (ebay system, etc) are.
I'm well aware of the risks with online trading. I thoroughly check ratings and make sure to make some kind of human (personal) contact if interstate or pick up when in the same state (although not a ridculous distance away)
But in the scheme of things, to be rid of such bullsh1t, OzHonda should take another step up in the battle of this issue.

Why is it such a problem?
The style of thread suggested just does not work. People end up posting comments and it ends up being just a place for people to vent. It failed before with less members active on the site due to users 'flaming' each other.
Is it the man power? Legalities? Some other sort of complication?
Moderating such a thread would use a lot of resources to maintain it yes.
It's obvious that this is an enduring problem that all members would like to be rid of.
Is it? There is a system in place to combat scammers. It's just that nobody reads either the announcements or stickies. Furthermore nobody reports scammers. If nobody reports them then we cannot do anything about it.
So why the hesitance from OzHonda?
1. We have a system in place for dealing with scammers. This system relies on people reporting the scammers.
2. We've tried a thread as suggested in the past and it did not work.

Not that we don't want to make a change. It's just that the suggestions have not worked in the past and I don't see what is wrong with the existing system.

In regards to disputes that occur BEFORE the transaction takes place (ie low ballers and people not going through with a purchase after expressing interest), there is not much we can do about that. Even the iTrader system does not apply to that scenario as it is ONLY for ACTUAL TRANSACTIONS.

wynode
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Just made a new thread as the posts in the other thread were going a bit off topic.

mocchi
06-01-2010, 09:31 AM
In regards to disputes that occur BEFORE the transaction takes place (ie low ballers and people not going through with a purchase after expressing interest), there is not much we can do about that. Even the iTrader system does not apply to that scenario as it is ONLY for ACTUAL TRANSACTIONS.

what if they have agreed to pay (pm conversations) and the items were reserved to be purchased but buyer didn't end up purchasing?

i think this should count as bad trading practice, thus giving negative feedback with proper explanation would help alert other sellers that this particular buyer has the risk of forfeiting agreed transaction.

bennjamin
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
what if they have agreed to pay (pm conversations) and the items were reserved to be purchased but buyer didn't end up purchasing?

i think this should count as bad trading practice, thus giving negative feedback with proper explanation would help alert other sellers that this particular buyer has the risk of forfeiting agreed transaction.

No. Because no actual transaction took place.

You dont follow - every second leading up to a transaction ( sale/trade) is not relevant to a mark against their name. If a person lets you down for not meeting up , call them an idiot and get over it.
IF your way was had , there would be a influx of TIME WASTERS trade feedbacks.

mocchi
07-01-2010, 10:15 AM

You dont follow - every second leading up to a transaction ( sale/trade) is not relevant to a mark against their name. If a person lets you down for not meeting up , call them an idiot and get over it.

if the buyer has put down a deposit then can it be called a transaction?
it should be.

it's not for me personally, but more for others. maybe a way to indicate buyers' trustworthiness in honoring trade practices.

a trade rating is to let other ppl know whether a seller/buyer is legit or not.
adding what i have mentioned above to the trade rating feedback system would be very supportive to other users.

G-Stick
08-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Yea i agree with Mocchi, I've had countless people wanting stuff and begging me to hold it so i do.. then they back out without even letting me know and wasting my time. With time and place already organised. Lets not forget losing other possible buyers.

I would consider this to be a bad trade,the rating would help defer other sellers to hold items for that buyer again.

zco
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM
i guess you guys will have to stop holding stuff then lol ive had my fair share of time wasters on ozhonda, but i just deal with it. its all apart of the free service thats on offer. lol just tell them to leave a deposit, give them a dead line and thats it. if not then their loss.
i ask ppl to leave deposits, and if they come inspect the items, and they dont like, then i just give the money back.
i would want this scammers sticky thread to be open.. but i guess i can see how it would end up as wynode described.. and quite easily too as the for sale section is probably the most busiest sections on here

hondar
10-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Yea i agree with Mocchi, I've had countless people wanting stuff and begging me to hold it so i do.. then they back out without even letting me know and wasting my time. With time and place already organised. Lets not forget losing other possible buyers.

I would consider this to be a bad trade,the rating would help defer other sellers to hold items for that buyer again.

imagine what i face everyday.

i had countless encounters as a trader

- the hold for me but never buy
- the want to buy but never buy

nothing you can do i suppose.

just play it tough

hence i have strict policy when come to selling

one price. non-nego
if no deposit taken, i can sell to anyone.

saves u a lot of time.

bennjamin
10-01-2010, 07:08 PM

just play it tough

hence i have strict policy when come to selling

one price. non-nego

saves u a lot of time.

Great advice. Idea is to smarten up , dont leave your heart on your sleeve.

wynode
12-01-2010, 02:25 AM
if the buyer has put down a deposit then can it be called a transaction?
it should be.

If a buyer has put down a deposit I can see two outcomes:
1. The buyer then continues and purchases the item
2. The buyer either doesn't purchase the item or the seller sells it to someone else.

In the above two cases I see no problem with using the trade rating system. Ie it applies only to actual transactions.

saves u a lot of time.

Probable the best way to approach it. In an FS item I put up I quite often say either first in best dressed or highest bidder by 'x' date/time gets the item. You can't have people submitting feedback just because the seller sold the item to someone else.

beeza
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
A frequent member on here has decided to keep my $50.He kindly held the rims and IM after I asked if it's cool to pick them up in a week,he said fine.I couldn't get up there to pick them up so I said I'll make $100 deposit and grab them next week,no worries.
3 days later I thought I lost my licence,so I had to cancel the rims and IM,I had no choice.
The first thing I said when I PM'ed him was PLEASE keep $50 for your troubles,and refund the other $50,he said no worries.

2 weeks or more have gone by,he has been on here a few times and he continues to ignore my PM's.

All this for $50 aye,honestly,what a dick.He was nice,I was nothing but fair,now he chooses to be a thief and a liar.

I couldn't care about the $50,it's the principle that matter's.

Anything one can do in this situation?

mocchi
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
A frequent member on here has decided to keep my $50.He kindly held the rims and IM after I asked if it's cool to pick them up in a week,he said fine.I couldn't get up there to pick them up so I said I'll make $100 deposit and grab them next week,no worries.
3 days later I thought I lost my licence,so I had to cancel the rims and IM,I had no choice.
The first thing I said when I PM'ed him was PLEASE keep $50 for your troubles,and refund the other $50,he said no worries.

2 weeks or more have gone by,he has been on here a few times and he continues to ignore my PM's.

All this for $50 aye,honestly,what a dick.He was nice,I was nothing but fair,now he chooses to be a thief and a liar.

I couldn't care about the $50,it's the principle that matter's.

Anything one can do in this situation?

to me it's your own fault for not being able to pick it up.

beeza
12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I see.

mocchi
12-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I see.

yeah i know, sounds unfair to you.
this happened to me as well, put a deposit but couldnt end up picking up the item.

it was a dilemma for me, but i had to accept that i will lose the deposit even though seller said that he will give the deposit back. he didn't.

my own fault for being such an impulse buyer :(

beeza
12-01-2010, 04:59 PM
No,not unfair,just weak/coward like to simply ignore PM's and not say what's up,ya know.Weak as sh!t.

I wasn't impulsive,I sincerly wanted the items.I couldn't make it cause my car started shaking at 100km/h,I didn't know what was wrong with it.I now know I had 2 blown CV joints and am having both driveshafts inner and outer replaced tomorrow.I didn't want to drive my car like that on the motorway until I knew what was up.

I didn't want to make excuses I was honest and I was sincere by offering and paying a $100 deposit.

He lied by saying he will refund $50 and now cowardly ignores my PM's.

That's exactly where it's at.

beeza
13-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Well,I don't feel the need to check if he has been online and seen my PM's.I'm over it.

So I guess this thread works!!

U get ripped off,come in here and vent,fixed!

lol

P.S. Hope he reads this,all the power and money in the world to ya buddy!

zco
17-01-2010, 12:14 AM
get this story straight..

i advertised some rims without picture.. thought the condition was perfect. i took 200dollar deposit from a guy that i was suppsoed to sell rims to. i told him i'd send him pictures, and if he didnt like em, i would refund his deposit back. so i sent him pictures. he didnt like them.. but still wanted it. condition was not as i described. so we agree'd on a price he would purchase it for..

anyway from july, date of listing, i held the rims off for him. he was going on holidays, and said he'd be back early october. i held it for him. no reply until end of october so i rang him. he said okay. give him 2 weeks. i did. 2 weeks later, he told me he lost his job. i held off another few weeks for him.. i did, then he told me he had to pay mortgage, being me, i am pretty understanding. so i let it slide. he probably had other payments to make, i didnt realy care. after this, it was a story about a friend in NSW that owed him some money, and being in NSW aswell, he told his friend to meet up with me to give me the money instead. 2-3weeks went by, nothing. i rang him and then he said he'd make the payment himself in 2 weeks.. it dragged on for another 3-4 weeks and he told me he couldnt make the payment anymore, as he was broke and didnt want the rims anymore.. not because of the condition, but because he couldnt make the payment.

i kept his deposit.

on the other hand, same story. i advertised some parts. no picture. the guy left me a 100dollar deposit, without asking for pictures and etc.. he came to inspect. he didnt like it and he went home. i ended up refunding his money as i thought it wasnt fair on him that he didnt see the item before leaving a deposit. he was pretty stoked

moral of the story ? nfi, but i thoguht i'd share lol i think im a pretty understanding person..

bbds
17-01-2010, 10:17 AM
very understanding now you can save that clutch for me =)

beeza
17-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah good one zco!

Thanks for sharing that mate,at the very least it will make U feel better for getting it off ya chest!

And help others.

shurman
18-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Get this.

I sold my seat (or so I thought) to 'newcomer' (who will remain nameless). Organised the price and even what time he was coming over. He sounded pretty excited, cos I gave him a good price and all enthusiastic. Two days before he was due to collect the seat, I get a msg saying how his gf thinks he should get 2 seats and how he would love to buy 2 seats off me. But just not 1...

This is my rant about noobs that promise the world and just have empty pockets & empty dreams. Be a man of your word, if you agree to make a purchase honor it. I wouldn't be ranting if he had said, 'hold it for me i need to ask my gf' or 'can i come inspect la'.

Now I'm unsure whether to leave a bad iTrader response for him. Cos' i consider that shit...

rant... over

mocchi
19-01-2010, 10:50 AM
question to admin/mods, can we leave bad trade experiences such as time wasters on this system ? shows if ppl are time wasters or not...

yes, you mentioned it before where we could only use it if transactions took place, but what's the problem with using it against time wasters like in the above scenario..

ive just dealt with about 3 time wasters, who dont even bother to reply to pm's

No. Because there would be a influx of TIME WASTERS trade feedbacks.

i agree with zco, bad trade practices should be indicated in trade rating.
only if transaction took place such as putting down a deposit and didnt follow through.

those who felt their time has been wasted because of item withholding request from buyer without deposit shouldn't be considered as bad trading practice because transaction didn't take place:

You dont follow - every second leading up to a transaction ( sale/trade) is not relevant to a mark against their name. If a person lets you down for not meeting up , call them an idiot time waster and get over it.

i agree with bennjamin.

zco
20-01-2010, 08:20 AM
ohh i think you got me wrong.. in my opinion, if they're going to put a deposit down, then they're serious.

if someone left me a deposit, and didnt want the item in a timely matter, im not fussed. shit happens, and ppl run out of money. but they had intentions of buying it as they left a deposit.

but arranging for a meetup, saying you'll buy it after agreeing on a price, then coming back the next day and saying they're not gonna buy it is time wasting to me.

hondar
21-01-2010, 01:12 PM

i advertised some rims without picture.. thought the condition was perfect. i took 200dollar deposit from a guy that i was suppsoed to sell rims to. i told him i'd send him pictures, and if he didnt like em, i would refund his deposit back. so i sent him pictures. he didnt like them.. but still wanted it. condition was not as i described. so we agree'd on a price he would purchase it for..

anyway from july, date of listing, i held the rims off for him. he was going on holidays, and said he'd be back early october. i held it for him. no reply until end of october so i rang him. he said okay. give him 2 weeks. i did. 2 weeks later, he told me he lost his job. i held off another few weeks for him.. i did, then he told me he had to pay mortgage, being me, i am pretty understanding. so i let it slide. he probably had other payments to make, i didnt realy care. after this, it was a story about a friend in NSW that owed him some money, and being in NSW aswell, he told his friend to meet up with me to give me the money instead. 2-3weeks went by, nothing. i rang him and then he said he'd make the payment himself in 2 weeks.. it dragged on for another 3-4 weeks and he told me he couldnt make the payment anymore, as he was broke and didnt want the rims anymore.. not because of the condition, but because he couldnt make the payment.

i kept his deposit.

on the other hand, same story. i advertised some parts. no picture. the guy left me a 100dollar deposit, without asking for pictures and etc.. he came to inspect. he didnt like it and he went home. i ended up refunding his money as i thought it wasnt fair on him that he didnt see the item before leaving a deposit. he was pretty stoked

moral of the story ? nfi, but i thoguht i'd share lol i think im a pretty understanding person..

for me i give deadline for the deposit. so you want item #A. Cool...

i say i will take $100 deposit. and i will tell him you have 2 weeks or whatever time to collect it, otherwise i will forfeit the deposit.

in that all cards are lay down. no 2nd guessing for buyers too as they know the time frame. if they cant then dont put deposit. and i will sell to the next buyer.

Sir_vtec
21-01-2010, 04:38 PM
**** false description of product from melbourne ozhonda trader*****

i just purchased a set of 16" used regamasters that was labelled as 'Very good condition' from a melbourne based trader with the first letter starting with "J" of his business name. This dude has a history of bad reps from a few people before. Egjoe has also been a victiim of false description by this seller once.

Anyways, i brought these wheels and when it arrived it had some seriously bad gutter rashes on 2 out of 4 wheels and he didnt even tell me this but labelled this product as very good condition. Called him to ask him why he didnt tell me and he got pissed off and starting swearing, i didnt even raise my voice at him and he was swearing... "thats farken cheap... you farken this... you farken that...". He wouldnt even try to work something out with me and hung up on me. The worse i ve ever dealt with. Do not buy from him imo, you cant trust the descriptions he puts up unless he can prove it to you with proper pics.

If you guys want to buy from this fool make sure u ask heaps of questions and demand heaps of pics from this d!ck because he can falsely claim that the product is in good nick but really its not.

p.s: ben please do not delete this. I have already left negative trading feedback.

zco
21-01-2010, 04:46 PM
what a total wanker

beeza
21-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah,good out mate.I mean good on U for getting that out!

I can feel ya pain.

PlatinumVisuals
22-01-2010, 10:50 AM

i just purchased a set of 16" used regamasters that was labelled as 'Very good condition' from a melbourne based trader with the first letter starting with "J" of his business name. This dude has a history of bad reps from a few people before. Egjoe has also been a victiim of false description by this seller once.

Anyways, i brought these wheels and when it arrived it had some seriously bad gutter rashes on 2 out of 4 wheels and he didnt even tell me this but labelled this product as very good condition. Called him to ask him why he didnt tell me and he got pissed off and starting swearing, i didnt even raise my voice at him and he was swearing... "thats farken cheap... you farken this... you farken that...". He wouldnt even try to work something out with me and hung up on me. The worse i ve ever dealt with. Do not buy from him imo, you cant trust the descriptions he puts up unless he can prove it to you with proper pics.

If you guys want to buy from this fool make sure u ask heaps of questions and demand heaps of pics from this d!ck because he can falsely claim that the product is in good nick but really its not.

p.s: ben please do not delete this. I have already left negative trading feedback.

That's not on!

I think Negative feedback against traders should be taken very seriously (much more then normal members)...

zco
22-01-2010, 12:19 PM
well the fact that this trader sold volk GRn's that are worth about 600bux a set, to a guy and claimed them as CE28n which are worth 2.5times more.. members need to be made aware

kcokla
22-01-2010, 07:38 PM
whilst were on the topic of feedback and is related to scammers etc - why not have a ' reply to feedback ' kind of ability? just like on ebay.

for example, i have one bad feedback where the person claims i sold him a non-functioning item. Regardless the case, tehre is two sides of the story. And i didnt leave the person negative feedback, because i didnt feel it was appropriate, however explanining my self in my own feedback thread would be useful!

wynode
24-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry for the slow response guys. Been on holidays the last 3 weeks. Will address the issues that have come up.

These are serious accusations and I haven't had anything like this against the trader in question to date I must admit. There are always two sides to a story but I still urge you to send me an email with an official complaint as outlined here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=4). This hasn't been done yet.

I've sent you a PM anyway so let us discuss it there. Posting accusations here will not get very far.

whilst were on the topic of feedback and is related to scammers etc - why not have a ' reply to feedback ' kind of ability? just like on ebay.

for example, i have one bad feedback where the person claims i sold him a non-functioning item. Regardless the case, tehre is two sides of the story. And i didnt leave the person negative feedback, because i didnt feel it was appropriate, however explanining my self in my own feedback thread would be useful!

If it a function that is available with the next upgrade then will look into it. However for the moment that involves some modification to vB code.

Mikecivic78
25-01-2010, 07:58 PM

i kept his deposit.

I competely agree that you about keeping the deposit. After so many months!!! U could of sold them many times over in that time. Some people are really bad with money and cant get it together. 200 bucks deposit, thats a lot, they must have been nice rims.

Mikecivic78
25-01-2010, 08:06 PM
IMHO, people shouldnt enquire about items unless they have the available funds/credit. An agreed on date should be organised for payment in full, and if this isnt met, then the deposit is forefitted.

Maybe some rules regarding this could be imposed. Then again, how could it be inforced?

Just a though.

Mike

bennjamin
25-01-2010, 08:13 PM
IMHO, people shouldnt enquire about items unless they have the available funds/credit. An agreed on date should be organised for payment in full, and if this isnt met, then the deposit is forefitted.

Maybe some rules regarding this could be imposed. Then again, how could it be inforced?

Just a though.

Mike

It cant be enforced. thats the point that was made earlier , that any issue or situation up to a purchase or deposit is simply out in the open , and NOT recordable. Its up to YOU as the seller or buyer.

hondar
27-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Just a though.

Mike

hi mike

this will be ideal to have some sort of regulation but in reality is hard to be enforced.

some buyers are not matured enough in their thinking. they dont plan before asking or they are hoping that for some miracles the seller is agree to sell it at some crazy low price or for some miracles they will have money in the next few days or weeks to buy the product.

there is nothing you can do to stop those people from enquiring and making false promise.

what you can do is, to have your own rule and stick to it (whatever you decide it will be and depend on yourself). it is the best policy.

i have shared my policy (i get more of this since i am a trader)

- one fixed price
- no deposit, no holding of parts
- no payment, no ordering of parts.
- no "can i come and have a look at your product" as i find out 95% of people already know what they are. this is becos i sell brand new parts so for used parts maybe different situation.
- provide clear pictures (helps a lot)

so i stick with it and it work very well i must say.

wynode
27-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Well said Leo!

F.O.B Squad
30-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Just a word of advice to private sellers in particular.
If selling an item to someone and you want to organise a pickup from your (the seller) house, i'd say maybe make them (the buyer) put a deposit down first or full payment as you wouldn't want to be giving your address away as it may be a security risk later in the future in my opinion.

bennjamin
31-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Better , IMO - to simply meet up at a
neutral place rather than your own p
house. A thief would put a 100% deposit down if they get the chance to Suss your place out and steal a whole bunch of stuff. Not a bad return on investment don't you think ?

Be wise. Don't put too much trust in people. Buy and sell smart

Mikecivic78
31-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Better , IMO - to simply meet up at a
neutral place rather than your own p
house. A thief would put a 100% deposit down if they get the chance to Suss your place out and steal a whole bunch of stuff. Not a bad return on investment don't you think ?

Be wise. Don't put too much trust in people. Buy and sell smart

I second that. Although ive only done one trade, i did it at the Hungry Jack's down the road. You can't be too careful.

hondar
01-02-2010, 07:16 AM
always meet at neutral place

jks24
10-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I second that. Although ive only done one trade, i did it at the Hungry Jack's down the road. You can't be too careful.

maccas is always my meet up spot, i go and sell or buy my stuff and get a feed as well :D

The only one who gets my address is traders and being traders we should be able to trust them.

RiceMeister
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
never do meetups at house.
public places like shopping centre carparks and maccas like the guys said above.

a lot of dodgy cvnts out there. trust no one!

flipfire
12-02-2010, 09:46 AM
always do it at a public place like servos, where theres cameras.