PDA

View Full Version : Nos??

Nick-EG5
30-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Every1 whats to do it.... every1s to scared to do it. Just wondering if its possible for an EG5 lol. How many squirts will i get b4 i blow the motor......

SXYSOL
30-11-2004, 09:24 AM
try here... http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9748

2ds
30-11-2004, 03:56 PM
if you do it properly it can be done indefinately. it's relatively easy for any EFI motor, can't comment on carbies.

also the reason people are afraid is you don't jsut get defetced if you are caught you get fined by the EPA, i seem to remember the fines start at about $1000 =p

-2ds

Sp3rMz
30-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry I believe it was 5k on the spot and your car towed away.

b00std
30-11-2004, 04:40 PM
yea if set up right you can use it all day long.. but as they say nos is like a hot chick with std's, you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences..
if you are interested i have a zex nitrous kit here that i no longer need.. pm me if interested...

2ds
30-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Sorry I believe it was 5k on the spot and your car towed away.
i stand corrected =D

-2ds

Boost
02-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Muahahahaha a HOT chick with STD!... Well put!!... u wanna hit it but affraid of the consequences!!!!! :P :D

Mugen boy
06-12-2004, 11:28 PM
LOL UNSURE WHAT THE LAWS ARE BUT THIS IS GOIN ON MY CAR DURING THE NEW TURBO BUILD, I LIVE IN THE NT, BUT WNT HAVE THE BOTTLE HOOK UP ON THE STREETS OF MY TOWN ...ONLY ON THE STRIP:wave:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/MUGEN_BOY/97_1_b.jpg

BLKCRX
06-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Go a DRY nos setup !! n get a ECU to control the extra fuel.

Regards James

SiR JDM
07-12-2004, 12:48 AM
LOL UNSURE WHAT THE LAWS ARE BUT THIS IS GOIN ON MY CAR DURING THE NEW TURBO BUILD, I LIVE IN THE NT, BUT WNT HAVE THE BOTTLE HOOK UP ON THE STREETS OF MY TOWN ...ONLY ON THE STRIP:wave:

http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

"Seven sixteenths of one inch:

That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - Maddox

OK sorry had to say it.. :D

Anyway,

Im not sure, but i hear that if you have any sorta NOS setup, bottle empty or not, bottle evident or not... then its the same consequences as having/using a full setup.. just wat ive heard? anyone clarrify?

2ds
07-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't know about the NT but VicRoads was quite adament about the fact that you didn't need a bottle of n2o in the car for them to fine you alot of money, you only needed the system installed.

-2ds

http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

"Seven sixteenths of one inch:

That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - Maddox

OK sorry had to say it.. :D

Anyway,

Im not sure, but i hear that if you have any sorta NOS setup, bottle empty or not, bottle evident or not... then its the same consequences as having/using a full setup.. just wat ive heard? anyone clarrify?

SiR JDM
07-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't know about the NT but VicRoads was quite adament about the fact that you didn't need a bottle of n2o in the car for them to fine you alot of money, you only needed the system installed.

-2ds
Thats what I thought... not worth the risk in Vic if you ask me...

McChook
07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
I know in NSW...

To have N2O in your car is illegal - hooked up or not. I believe it does result in a tow away....as long as they can find it.
The usage of N2O is permitted on drag strips, and that is about the only place, and it must be correctly hooked up - ie, minumum 2 switches I believe quoted by ANDRA - one of which is supposed to be activated by the accellerator pedal - ie, right pedal must be on the floor to activate it, and when the pedal comes up, N2O will be shut down, to reduce and dangerous consequences...

- no dyno comp permits the use of N2O - as for circuits - banned (pretty much)

And remember, if your N2O leaks, it ain't fun

Macros
08-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Wow you guys have it harsh. Why is N2O illegal? Seems weird since other forms of forced induction are ok

Nitrous oxide (NOS is a brand name) can be reliable if tuned correctly.

Here is a good article on it.
http://www.idavette.net/hib/nitrous.htm

VTEC16
15-01-2005, 12:59 PM
From everthing iv read - nitrous oxide is a great modification, that can be run reliably to produce very decent gains. It costs less than a turbo intall, but one has to fill the bottle regularly (this is an ongoing cost). However it is illegal and hence there isnt much point.

Ozwolfbane
25-01-2005, 12:17 AM
&(£R&"£ Cops , wtf cant they catch the crims rather than chasing car enthusiasts

How does one do a Stealth Install coz i'll be definately doing 1

FR33K
25-01-2005, 12:35 AM
ive seen people hide them inside their sub boxes :thumbsup:

Ozwolfbane
25-01-2005, 03:12 AM
no bottle is ok , I am talking about under the hood stealthness :D

shecomb
25-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Try all black lines, and enter the nozzels under the mani, out of sight - but would be a PITA to install it initially.....

bumography
25-01-2005, 08:24 AM
then u use it, have an accident, the inspectors find out u got NOS
and eventually you'd be labled on every forum as a tosser.

tegstar83
20-02-2005, 09:41 PM
From what I hear u can han\ve it installed but the bottle must be disconnected for road use. Any way FVCKEN PIG'S they should all die and go to hell, teh the way they treat car lovers!

panda[cRx]
20-02-2005, 11:58 PM
would you want a tank of nitrous oxide in your car if you are in an accident man?
it's illegal for a reason.

tegstar83
21-02-2005, 12:14 AM
']would you want a tank of nitrous oxide in your car if you are in an accident man?

Im sure I read that in an isue of fast4's when they put it in their project car a for focus. Plus what fvken bull shit even if u dont have the tank in car y do these kunts at Vic roads wanna **** u up for it. It absolutly makes no sense if u get it for drag strip ur not gonna take all the cables and nozzels of it just to drive Far Q vic roads ur a bunch of motherFVKERS. Fark I hate this country and its shit rules!! :mad:

PhatSol
21-02-2005, 01:15 AM
']would you want a tank of nitrous oxide in your car if you are in an accident man?

Properly installed bottle is not that dangerous. What about all the CNG and LPG vehicles driving around?

crx_16x
21-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Any way FVCKEN PIG'S they should all die and go to hell, teh the way they treat car lovers!

WTF!!!

panda[cRx]
21-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Properly installed bottle is not that dangerous. What about all the CNG and LPG vehicles driving around?

good point i guess :thumbsup:

Ozwolfbane
21-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Have to correct the almighty Mod....but NOS is not an explosive gas, its unflammable

tRipitaka
21-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Have to correct the almighty Mod....but NOS is not an explosive gas, its unflammable

Do you mean inflammable ?
Because inflammable means it can be caught on fire easily..
What about in The Fast And The Furious (don't flame me on this one) but doesn't the green clipse explode more because of the NOS ? Blue/Green Flame ?

Psyklops
21-02-2005, 05:47 PM
peeps read this...clears most of the confusion

http://www.idavette.net/hib/nitrous.htm

panda[cRx]
21-02-2005, 06:13 PM

hahahaha i'm not a mod dude
i talk too much shit to be a mod....but then again Sp3rMz:rolleyes:

creativepunka
21-02-2005, 06:43 PM

Thats right. They dont want it in cars because alot of numb nuts dont bolt them down properly and then you have one big ass misile when u crash, thats why.

sesshoumaru
21-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Do you mean inflammable ?
Because inflammable means it can be caught on fire easily..
What about in The Fast And The Furious (don't flame me on this one) but doesn't the green clipse explode more because of the NOS ? Blue/Green Flame ?

hate to break it to ya kid, but some things in that movie... they just weren't true. :cool:

Sp3rMz
21-02-2005, 08:06 PM
All this NOS talk legal illegal etc. Why the hell do you need NOS on the road? Fair enough if you use ur daily drive car as a drag car but for the regulars? why does it really matter to you guys. General speed limit is 80Km and you want NOS in you're car? What for? So you can say u've got NOS? You must be doing something illegal in the first place to be wanting nos.

PhatSol
21-02-2005, 11:21 PM
All this NOS talk legal illegal etc. Why the hell do you need NOS on the road? Fair enough if you use ur daily drive car as a drag car but for the regulars? why does it really matter to you guys. General speed limit is 80Km and you want NOS in you're car? What for? So you can say u've got NOS? You must be doing something illegal in the first place to be wanting nos.

Because nitrous oxide is a way of making the car fast when it needs to be, without sacrificing the daily driving experience. It's not like normal mods where you loose drivability and fuel economy in exchange for power. This is what makes it good on a street car / daily driver.

But it's a moot point anyway since nitrous oxide is toatly illegal on QLD roads. The fines are huge, you risk your insurance, and it's not even legal to have the nozzles or hoses on the car by themselves. So really it's not worth it.

tRipitaka
22-02-2005, 02:58 PM
hate to break it to ya kid, but some things in that movie... they just weren't true. :cool:

Nah, I didn't say they were, but I was using it as a common example of how NOS is inflammable..

DRCVIC
22-02-2005, 03:15 PM
n2o isn't flammable on its own...
the oxygen in the gas is used like regular oxygen in the combustion cycle (only its more dense me thinks) and the nitrogen makes the combustion cooler and far more efficient.
Nitrous is actually good for your engine, rather than being bad, as long as its tuned properly.
The main cause of ****ed engines while using nitrous is due to incorrect set-up and having the engine run lean! not good!
Because nitrous makes the combustion more efficient/burns more fuel even after your firstshot of nitrous it will start to clense your engine, blasting away all your carbon deposits eventually!
DRCVIC

Macros
12-03-2005, 10:22 AM
n2o is an oxygen adder (like a turbo). It is not a fuel and will not combust by itself.

Ozwolfbane
13-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Because nitrous oxide is a way of making the car fast when it needs to be, without sacrificing the daily driving experience. It's not like normal mods where you loose drivability and fuel economy in exchange for power. This is what makes it good on a street car / daily driver..

U hit the nail on the head.... thats exactly why :thumbsup:

joyride
14-03-2005, 07:21 AM
lol this thread is funny.
macros is right though.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question259.htm

nitrous cools the air, it makes it more combustible, hence more power.

food for thought, if this sh*t is flammable, why is air 70% nitrogen?

Macros
15-03-2005, 10:01 AM
food for thought, if this sh*t is flammable, why is air 70% nitrogen?

erm... nitrogen and dinitrogen oxide are two different molecules.