PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

Behtec_JunKIE
04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
hey guys
recently my car wont start ive isolated the issue to the fuel supply system as the fuel pump is not primeing wen on reds, so i changed my main relay and still nothing and yes main relay works coz my ecu turns on to, so i jumped the wires for the pump from the main relay connecter and pump primes. so i got a new relay just in case but nothing still. this is where im confused is it the harness??? but then pump primes when its jumped.
or is it the fuel pump but my pump is a brand new walbro pump.
or is the relay stuffed coz i have 3 main relay and i switch between all 3 and have resoldered the dry spots and yet still nothing.

whats the problem????

thanks in advance guys

riruiz_88
04-01-2010, 10:53 PM
does the car crank over? check that you have voltage at the fuel pump.

~Sp33~
05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
hey guys
recently my car wont start ive isolated the issue to the fuel supply system as the fuel pump is not primeing wen on reds, so i changed my main relay and still nothing and yes main relay works coz my ecu turns on to, so i jumped the wires for the pump from the main relay connecter and pump primes. so i got a new relay just in case but nothing still. this is where im confused is it the harness??? but then pump primes when its jumped.
or is it the fuel pump but my pump is a brand new walbro pump.
or is the relay stuffed coz i have 3 main relay and i switch between all 3 and have resoldered the dry spots and yet still nothing.

whats the problem????

thanks in advance guys

If you've tried to fix all three of the main relays, i'd be inclined to try one that is known to be working. If it still doesn't prime, check for voltage AT the relay. If none is there, trace it back until you find the break in the circuit.

riruiz_88
05-01-2010, 10:14 AM
did you recently have the walbro pump installed? if so, then you might have kinked/damaged a cable while putting your interior back in.

Behtec_JunKIE
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
K thanks guys I think it mite have a break in the circuit somewhere which sux lol nah cars been working with pump for over 6 months.

02gzm
05-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Read this (http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelayoperation/index.html) so you understand how the relay works.

Then hold the relay while you turn the car on. Feel for the relay switching (it'll click). Let me know which clicks work and which don't. Will help narrow down what the problem is.

If you're good with a multimeter, this site (http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelay.htm) will also help to test what the problem is. If you don't understand the 2nd site too well then start by posting up which clicks work and which don't and I'll try and help.

Behtec_JunKIE
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
cheers 02gzm i figured it out sort of well i figured it out that the relay is working but i think only one relay is working as power is not gettin to the fuel pump wire so i did a test to run reds power to the pump wire on the relay connecter and it works im gonna get a new relay from honda so i know it will work garranteed so yeh thanks man great help

02gzm
06-01-2010, 07:07 PM
np ;)

I know how annoying a main relay can be.