PDA

View Full Version : Euro CL9 Keyless Entry stuffing up

dupac->
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Has anyone had the problem where the keys will UNLOCK the car.. but not LOCK it when you press the button on the remote?

The central locking seems to be working fine.. because it DOES UNLOCK the car.. but then its DOESNT LOCK wheni press it...

I've tried both sets of keys and its the samething.

weird. any ideas guys?

cheers

Addictions
05-01-2010, 01:01 AM
check all the doors, bonnet and boot is closed?

xxb4xx
05-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Might be a faulty relay for the lock and unlock..

biee2
05-01-2010, 09:04 AM
i get this problem sometimes.....have to lik press the bottun on the keys lik several times. its not so bad atm as it still works but it feels laggy as to when i first got the car

dupac->
05-01-2010, 02:12 PM
yeah i checked if everything was all closed. and it was.

well i woke up this morning and it fixed itself.

piece of shit euro

[ IV 23 VI ]
05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
hahaha, Funny Kent Du!
Dont worry Bro! My central locking dont even work, I have to use the key now! lol :p

Psy
05-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah i got a similar problem. When i press to either close or open the doors then all the doors open except the driver side.

With the keys it opens all the doors but with central locking the driver door remains shut.

Inside the car, if i press the switch to lock the doors doesn't lock the driver side door either.

dupac->
05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
oh thats coz ur driver door lock is stuffed. the central locking thing.

mines got something to do with not wanting to lock

biee2
05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
mine sometimes doesnt want to lock and sometimes doesnt want to open....its lik it has a mind of it own...lol oh well....i guess i should be grateful it is still working...just need to press the sh*ts out of the button on the key :p

blk05gli
06-01-2010, 09:45 PM
maybe battery on remote is dying.

aaronng
07-01-2010, 06:59 AM
^^ Yeah, if the car is 3 years old, the battery in the remote needs replacing. Just test by using your spare key. That should open and close without problems. Another thing is interference from the surroundings. I've been to a particular area in Sydney (Maroubra, in front of some neon lights) where I can lock but can never unlock the car using the remote. Good thing that unlocking using the key doesn't set off the alarm. That's the only place where I get this problem. I blame the shop neon lights. haha

dupac->
07-01-2010, 11:03 AM
narh its not the battery, thats what i thought
but i used my spare key too
same shit.
lol blaming neon lights shop
lol

CTR-80Y
16-01-2010, 05:27 AM
hey dupac try and take out the battery or try reset your car because thats what happened to my euro before if you take out the battery it should automatic reset

Kodak
19-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Maybe that one of the door open switches is faulty indicating that a door is open. This is from the service manual...

Keyless Entry Transmitter Test
NOTE:
-If the doors unlock or lock with the transmitter, but the LED on the transmitter does not come on, the LED is faulty; replace the transmitter.
-If any door is open, you cannot lock the doors with the transmitter.
-If you unlocked the doors with the transmitter, but do not open any of the doors within 30 seconds, the doors relock automatically.
-The doors do not lock or unlock with the transmitter if the ignition key is inserted in the ignition switch.

1. Press the lock or unlock button five or six times to reset the transmitter.
If the locks work, the transmitter is OK.
If the locks don't work, go to 2.
2. Open the transmitter and check for water damage.
If you find any water damage, replace the transmitter.n
If there is no water damage, go to 3.
3. Replace the transmitter battery (A) with a new one, and try to lock and unlock the doors with the transmitter by pressing the lock or unlock button five or six times.
If the doors lock and unlock, the transmitter is OK.n
If the doors don't lock and unlock, go to 4.
4. Reprogram and register the transmitter, then try to lock and unlock the doors.
If the doors lock and unlock, the transmitter is OK.n
If the doors don't lock and unlock, try and program to another vehicle. If still not operating, replace the transmitter.

boggyhole
24-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Central lock actuator in driver's door has failed. Nothing to do with the transmitter. I have a similar issue with my 03 Euro.

oongie
25-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Order it from the states, $50 for both sides bargain!

boggyhole
25-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Order it from the states, $50 for both sides bargain!
What is the best site in the states to order from. Some that I have seen will not ship internationally :(

oongie
25-01-2010, 08:21 PM
This is the site
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~actuator~assy~72115-SDA-A01.html

Part numbers
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115286

oh_lol
06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Did you figure out what your problem was?

Mine is doing the same thing. This morning when I got in my car and closed the door, my doors started locking/unlocking like crazy around 5 times. Then I drove down the driveway and opened the gate. Got back in, closed the door, and it did the same thing!
By the time I got to work, when I went to lock the doors with my remote, nothing worked. Hasn't worked since, and have had to resort back to using the key.
The little switch on my drivers side door that controls all doors still locks/unlocks everything though.

richard_k
08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
yeah it might be the door acuator. i didn't realise why my lights weren't flashing when i 'locked' it and i found out that i'd been leaving my front door open for like a week lol cost me $200+to fix. Hope this helps :D

oh_lol
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I was just messing around with it then trying to see if it's working again.

If I have the door closed, nothing works.
But I opened up the drivers door, tried it, nothing works either.
Then I held down the little switch that senses if your door is open or closed. So I held it down to trick the car into thinking it's closed, and all remote buttons work. Close the door, nothing works. Opened and tricked it again, works.

WTF.

richard_k
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
oh lol

oh_lol
08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
You said it!

Had a bit of a play again today. Realized that the central locking on the door only works like the remote as well. Doesn't work when the door is closed.

I've figured the only time the remote or the internal central locking controls work is when I have the door OPEN at more than around 1/2 way. If it's open less than half way it doesn't work. So only around 1/2 way open or more will it work.

WTFFFFFF. Is there some kind of sensor other than the actual door's open/close switch?

akzz
13-11-2010, 12:25 PM
You said it!

Had a bit of a play again today. Realized that the central locking on the door only works like the remote as well. Doesn't work when the door is closed.

I've figured the only time the remote or the internal central locking controls work is when I have the door OPEN at more than around 1/2 way. If it's open less than half way it doesn't work. So only around 1/2 way open or more will it work.

WTFFFFFF. Is there some kind of sensor other than the actual door's open/close switch?

That shouldn't be an issue. I have had two issues with my keys:

1. Unlocking/Locking issue, this is known to be a common problem with the CL9. It is the door lock actuator. It is available easily off eBay and takes about 1/2hr to change over. This will fix your problem if you have intermittent locking/unlocking issues.

2. The problem I had was my actual key was stuffed. The circuit board contact points were stuffed, so the buttons would get stuck, hence the red LED on the key would always remain on, drain out the battery and do nothing for the locks. The only way I got this issues fixed was to order a spare key. The whole thing cost me $220 as it can only be done from Honda.

Hope this helps.

oh_lol
14-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Well all of a sudden a few days ago it just decided to work again and I've had no problems.

lol

hooyn
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
ok my drivers door side actuator is f'ed. cant get roadworthy until i fix it. OMFG.

trying to sell my car has taken me almost 6 months + $500 to fix random sh!t!!!!!!!

FUUUUUU

spacekey
15-12-2010, 01:35 PM
there might be some frequency interference around.
Another possible reason could be low battery.

hooyn
17-12-2010, 06:17 PM
im changing my actuator atm, had to stop because of the storm passing over.

anyone done it before? i hit a bit of a wall and am stuck atm,

i have gotten up to unplugging all the wires attached to the actuator but theres a metal rod that i can't seem to unhook due to poor visibility since its deep inside the door frame.