PDA

View Full Version : EK air-bag problem

cdaniel21
05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi guys,
I got a EK4 without air-bag, it don't even have the hole to install the air bag in the passenger side, my friend advised me that the last owner should crashed b4 and the airbag blow out, so the last owner changed the whole dash (without airbag) and steering wheel (without airbag). And I found the SRS plug under the centre dash.

The problem is:
If I want to install back the airbag for the passenger side, do I need to change the whole dash?? Or I just need to cut a fit size whole and bolt on the airbag.
Also after installed, is the airbag just plug and play? Need any other process. I worry the airbag will blow out once I plug it..... You know, its not cheap...

Thanks

chowdaa
06-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Not really the fact that its expensive, but the fact it can give you a concussion. not too sure, is the car meant to have it? does it have an srs light on the dash? If not don't worry, if so, new dash is to be fitted, cutting would look terrible and you would have to cut it in a way for when it deploys it fold up and out of the way instead of in your face. as long as battery is off, car is left neutralized for several minutes then it is OK to work on airbags.

ECU-MAN
06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
get a EK4 dash that has the pasanger SRS,

you need to check that your car still has the SRS loom, and clock spring

you will need to replace the SRS ECU and ensure when its all plugged in that their are no codes in the SRS ECU .

cdaniel21
07-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I found the srs device/box behind the centre console, and two plug as well... Do I need to change the device or something??? Saw the srs on the cluster, but don't think the light is on.

ECU-MAN
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
yes you need to replace the SRS ecu.