PDA

View Full Version : rims

F20C
06-01-2010, 01:30 PM
So i went to a tyre joint today to check if i had a hole in my tyre and they came back and said my rim is cracked on the inside.. I haven't hit anything but apparently they could have sold it to me and it would of already been like that. My question is well one of many lol. Does "warrenty" cover the rims also? Provided there isnt any damage shown to toss up questions of me doing it myself? Also is $120 pricey to get it welded back together? the crack is quite small infact its a hairline crack. Also how does one do this to a rim without showing any damage at all to the rims/suspension/alignment?

geeang
06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think any wheels are covered by "warranty" at all.

$120 is not a bad price for the crack to be welded and taken care of professionally, that's about the price of welding and polishing a badly guttered wheel lip.

The crack could have been cause by running over potholes/wheel being hit by something when parked, it could have happened by a number of things, best to get it fixed ASAP before the problem gets any worse and puts you in a dangerous situation.

japcollector
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Mate you should get that crack wheel fix asap because if you continue driving with it on your car it could be quite dangerous for you and other drivers around you.

F20C
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
yeah nah im going to get it fixed asap only problem is they dont reopen till monday.. oh and they are covering it which is good. The crack is so small though couldnt imagine it getting bigger unless serious force was put behind it. But yeah i am getting it fixed lucky i got someone to check it and not leave it how it is and end up in a silly sitcho. Thanks guys.