PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy p72 spoon ecu.

shinta
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Just purchased a spoon ecu off a member here not long ago.. Tried using it on my b18c2 when i first had it converted into my eg and it completely sh*t it self. Car was running slugish and eventually my engine died and would not start again, not long after found out the distributor was a goner.. Ecu has given me nothing but headaches and have wasted unnecessary money.

Basically needing some advise on what my options are with this ecu now? Throw it in the bin? can it be rechipped or reprogrammed?

Thanks.

tseesinngwailo
06-01-2010, 11:18 PM
How did you verify it was genuine Spoon?

Theres a guy called Jimmy at Sideshow's Performance Wiring, he is a legend with ECU's, or try ECU-Man here on the forums, should be able to check the ECU for you at least, might not be the main fault.

The symptoms sound more like the distributor.

Do you have any pictures of the ECU and labels?

shinta
06-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I couldn't verify if it was genuine or not.. just trusted the sellers word at the time since he sounded pretty genuine. Tried opening up the ecu but unfortunately most screws are threaded and i can't figure another way to around it. spoon stickers are on it and i could get around taking pics of it tomorrow.

I thought it was the distributor at the time also but when i had it replaced same thing happened again.. car started running like crap, i then swapped the ecu over with my stock d16 ecu and it started running fine ever since..

Is Sideshow's Performance Wiring in nsw?

SuiJin
07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
what year is ur b18c2 pre 96 or post?

SuiJin
07-01-2010, 12:29 AM
cause one is obd1 and the other is obd2.

shinta
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
its obd1

tseesinngwailo
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, Sideshow is in Sydney, but u could post the ECU to him.

Screws can come off if you use some pliers or wirecutters to grip the heads

That way you could probably see the ROM has been changed, I think it would have a Spoon sticker on that too

ECU-MAN
08-01-2010, 09:42 AM
this ecu can be converted to run any chip you put in it, for most stock B and D sereis OBDI cars, also can be converted for crome, hondata or neptune ect.