PDA

View Full Version : remove the h22 balance shaft

bodaas
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
just got told to remove the balance shaft so then i order kit the other day and i am already starting to pull apart the bottom engine block .. trying to get the 2 shaft out.
btw i need best advice whether replace or reused the part like bearing, ring, etc?? sorry for the newb question .. if rebuild is the best option how much budget do you think i have to spend, such as balancing, machining, rehoning., etc .. i m trying to get this thing run under my budget..so pls ineed best option advice guys.

ECU-MAN
07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
why would you remove the balance shaft.

what is wrong with your engine.

mr180sx
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
you can buy balancer shaft removel kits for h22a to make it rev better.

Just make sure you keep all the bearings and rings because you might need later on. We've done the removal to 2 cars and had different problems on each one. BTW they were the same kit. There might be some hole tapping involved as well!:thumbsup:

If you dont know what you are doing, then dont attempt. Get a pro to do it!:thumbsup:

bodaas
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
did you reuse the part? or replaced it? because i am thinking to replace new bearing .. but not sure with new piston ring, pin etc,, i am looking at good deal on the internet or somewhere else for aftermarket rebuild kit but kinda over $1000 shipped to the door + not include other part labour which is over my target budget atm.. lol.

ecuman: no, nothing wrong with the engine, i m in the process doing h2b swap so i gotta slide the crank pulley in further to create more room to the framerail on the passenger side, to do this i gotta to remove this 2 gear n shaft

ALLMTR996
14-01-2010, 06:49 AM
What chassis are you doing the H2B conversion in something does not sound right if you have to move the Harmonic balancer.This is the kit you need for balance shaft removal http://www.kstuned.com/products/engine.html&Slug=engine&Sub=50&C=1&T=&Key=