PDA

View Full Version : Practical driving assessment

freshert
08-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi guys, can you share your practical driving assessment experiences with different licensing centers in Perth? Which one would be the easiest to pass? Don't want to fail and waste more money to pay my instructor to take me there more than once.. I've already booked in Welshpool but have plenty of time to change.

curtis265
09-01-2010, 08:19 PM
I failed once in Kelmscott, and passed at Willagee.

If you've got an instructor who's friends with the guys (he/she probably is) then ur instructor will go in, shake hands with the guy, and then it'll be all good :)

I had tonnes of experience already, my dad didn't want me getting my license early to join all the other high scoool hoons around, so i waited, and ended up driving with more experience and confidence.

I seemed so experienced and confident, that i even got away with rolling through a stop sign :)

jon22
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
haha, i was ment to fail, i had 14 unforced errors but the lady passed me because they were like brakin to hard n stuff and i wasnt used to the car. i rekon she did that because 1. The car had aircon and it was a hot day
2. i talked heaps and tried to become her friend :P

migoreng
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi guys, can you share your practical driving assessment experiences with different licensing centers in Perth? Which one would be the easiest to pass? Don't want to fail and waste more money to pay my instructor to take me there more than once.. I've already booked in Welshpool but have plenty of time to change.

fail?
i did nearly 300 hours(1 hr drive to school and home every day + many other trips) on my Ls and i was waiting months for my driving test because i needed to turn 17yo.
didn't care where i did my test and i passed first go in a manual car.

if you can drive without problems then no way an instructor will fail you...

imo if you want to find an easy suburb for the test then does that mean you are not confident?

ganj3
10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Everyone says City West is the easiest to pass. I passed first go at City West

freshert
13-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Good news! I passed first go in my instructors manual getz in Joondalup! Oh and curtis265 you were right, my instructor knew the assessor well and he let me pass even though I accidentally went 57 in a 50 zone when changing lanes hehe...

ganj3
13-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice, congrats man

freshert
13-01-2010, 08:13 PM
thanks ! :)

Nickykeeng
14-01-2010, 12:00 AM
i did mine at willagee and that was quite challenging with all the hills and hidden stop signs and busy trucks on leach hwy :P but meh.

everyone says welshpool is by far the easiest with their quiet suburban roads but apparently things have changed.

curtis265
16-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Good job dude!

Justin ur FN2R photo sux. too much shadow (N)