PDA

View Full Version : My car has a pimple ------------- CAUSE FOUND

philip_pc
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I walked back to the car today after work and spoted this, can anyone tell me what this is? ive never seen it before. Car was parked in a outdoor carpark today. It wasnt there before, its just suddenly appeared. Its not a paint bubble cause when you press/poke it its hard, paint is not cracked either, what is it? how did it happen?

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8206/dsc00291hy.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/531/dsc00292v.jpg

02gzm
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
rust bubble. Don't push it too hard cos you'll probably push through it.

philip_pc
09-01-2010, 01:24 PM
rust bubble??
isnt the bumper made of plastic?

Midnight_motors
09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
under the paint

philip_pc
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
i dont get it though, if theres absolutely no metal in the bumper, how can it be rust related? doesnt rust only occur on metal??

02gzm
09-01-2010, 01:35 PM
You posted the pic up after I replied :p

Could be a fault in the ABS plastic and it's bubbling under the paint. Since it's a newish car take it to Honda and complain

VTi_b0i
09-01-2010, 01:55 PM
just leave it, gives the car character. lol

Chriskoss
09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Never seen that happen on plastic before, I have one on my bootlid. Could of formed due to high heat exposure perhaps on hot days
nothing to worry about tho

philip_pc
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Never seen that happen on plastic before, I have one on my bootlid. Could of formed due to high heat exposure perhaps on hot days
nothing to worry about tho

im kinda leaning towards this too, cause ive had the car for a good year now, no paint problems whatsoever, so im inclined to think that its some kind of weather related thing. i'll see how it is in a few days, if not better i might take it into the dealers, dont want paint peeling off or cracking :(

ek4-guy
09-01-2010, 08:20 PM
check if there is anything behind that area that the bar could have been pushed onto

Zilli
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
there would be no rust as there is no steel or metal to create rust on a plastic bumper fellas.

If you havent actually had any sort of impact, and it's under warranty, i'd take it back to Honda and ask them to take a look at it

philip_pc
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
UPDATE: CAUSE FOUND

i have found the cause of this unusual bulge in the front bumper. I was taking advice from others and decided to check behind the bumper to see if there was anything. to my surprise, the spot where the pimple is bulging out is actually in front of a metal corner (mu best guess would be the front bumper support bar)....
seeing i have two retrievers at home (fairly large dogs), my best assumption would be that they somehow were wrestling and bumped into the bumper with enough force to push the spot out from the inside on the corner of the metal bar.

so its not a paint defect after all, guess no need to head back to dealers, i did find it unusually odd that having no paint troubles all this time a spot decides to suddenly appear, i guess this one is a physical wear and tear issue, not covered by warranty.

curtis265
10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
you shouldn't have things bumping... still take warranty.

philip_pc
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
it was my dogs that pushed the bumper inwards which caused the dot to be created by pushing against the bar....i can still get warranty for that? i though warranty was for manufacturer problems or faults and not problems caused intentionally by the owner

WATAJK
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd still try go for warranty man...
Paint bubbling regardless is a manufactorer fault, paint shouldnt bubble lol

philip_pc
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
the paints not bubbling.
the dot is solid, if you push it its solid....its definately not a bubble.
but ill pay the dealers a visit and see what they say, if their willing to fix it for me that would be excellent, if not then im not too worried about it

WATAJK
10-01-2010, 05:43 PM
the paints not bubbling.
the dot is solid, if you push it its solid....its definately not a bubble.
but ill pay the dealers a visit and see what they say, if their willing to fix it for me that would be excellent, if not then im not too worried about it

best of luck

ek4-guy
10-01-2010, 06:27 PM
UPDATE: CAUSE FOUND

i have found the cause of this unusual bulge in the front bumper. I was taking advice from others and decided to check behind the bumper to see if there was anything. to my surprise, the spot where the pimple is bulging out is actually in front of a metal corner (mu best guess would be the front bumper support bar)....
seeing i have two retrievers at home (fairly large dogs), my best assumption would be that they somehow were wrestling and bumped into the bumper with enough force to push the spot out from the inside on the corner of the metal bar.

so its not a paint defect after all, guess no need to head back to dealers, i did find it unusually odd that having no paint troubles all this time a spot decides to suddenly appear, i guess this one is a physical wear and tear issue, not covered by warranty.

:thumbsup: yep i knew thats what it had to be

the dog must have hit it with decent force, you sure nobody bumped you in parking

philip_pc
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
im not too certain if it was bumped by anyone while i was parked. But if it hadnt been bumped outside of home then it must be my dogs. My dogs do get pretty nasty when they play, they like to growl and push each other around and stuff, and cause their big dogs yeah they would be pretty strong. Even when their tail whacks you it occasionally hurts

Giraffe
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
should put some clearosil on that hahaha

beeza
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
looooooooooool

curtis265
16-01-2010, 08:15 PM
oh wait, dogs, probs no warranty then :(