PDA

View Full Version : Instrument light Fuses keep blowing out

guilinpan
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
My instrumennt light suddenly just started popping fuses. The fuse is 7.5 amp. When i put in a new fuse and turn on the light, then the fuse blows. I have killed 5 fuses so far so I believe it is time for a diffrent approach. Any suggestions?

DvSnGuYeN
09-01-2010, 09:47 PM
any bare wires touching one another? Just before this all started, did you tinker around with any electrical components?

guilinpan
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
there ia a specker amp under the seat, and today i tried the fix the seat because it was stucked. and the power cable was losing, and i scew the cable back to place. everything is working fine, but except the instrument light, fuses keep popping.

dougie_504
10-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Just like DvSnGuYeN said, it sounds like you have two wires which are crossing.

I had a similar problem where my brake lights were coming on whenever my parkers were on, and if I used my brakes then the parkers would come on <lol>

They were both running off my headlight fuse I think, and everytime I pushed my brakes on it'd blow a new fuse.

Turned out I had to get it to an auto electrician and it cost me like $150 for him to find the damned cross :(

guilinpan
10-01-2010, 03:14 AM
before was fine, but once i pull out the power cable of the amp and screw it back. then this happened. i think it is because of that, i will try to rewire all wires of the amp sometime.