PDA

View Full Version : Sound deadening for odyssey

Darlene
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
After picking up our new Honda Odyssey I was disappointed to find that it didn't have a sunglasses holder. I thought these were standard on all modern cars. Anyway, I then discovered that anything you put into the various receptacles on the car rattled like made because they don't have felt linings. To solve this maddening situation I went to Clark Rubber and purchased a nice piece of black rubber mat about 3-4 mm thick, cut it to fit the little trays and openings and voila, the problem was solved. Too bad Honda couldn't be bothered to do this properly with felt. Does anyone else have these problems?

euro_tr4sh
10-01-2010, 06:00 PM
oh you poor thing, what ever will you do with your sunglasses when theyre not on your face!?!?... im sure alot of peoples cars rattle here, like mine mainly due to being 50mm off the ground with dirty kg/mm springs in them, we man up and deal with it though :)

Darlene
11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Rattles on a Honda. I was told this wasn't possible. It was all crap!! My Hyundai Sonata has fewer rattles than the Odyssey.

AusAccord
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
its interesting to make a comparsion between Hyundai and Honda..... why did u purchase a RB3 when there is no sunglasses holder but now complaining like a child..... what's wrong with rattles on Honda????? have u ever make sure nothing in any compartments?? really think u should go back to Hyundai then.....

Darlene
11-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I needed somewhere to put all those kids. There are many things to be applauded about the Odyssey. Noisy receptacles isn't one of them. I simply wondered if anyone else shared my experience.

slimx
12-01-2010, 02:51 AM
darlene dw bout it on this forum everyone clicks it at every for asking quetsions lol.

but mate id have to say u picked the wrong make lol, honda's are not good with rattling, best honda ive been in was.. accord euro maybe.. had the least rattling otherwise all of'm are hard as shit lol.

If you dont want rattling get a camry mate, or a calais commodore..

Atjo
12-01-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't have any rattles on my RB1. Ask the dealer if it is common on RB3.

AusAccord
12-01-2010, 07:41 AM
as Ajto advised, I have no rattles on my RB1 either and its been 3 yrs on fxxking up Sydney roads

Darlene
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
It's a lovely car in most respects. I'm considering Bridgestone GR90 tyres for quietness and comfort. Has anyone had any experience with these yet?