PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Vehicle Speed Sensor

wynode
30-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Just finishing off my g/box by filling up the tranny fluid and I over tightened the VSS and snapped the bracket that keeps it in place!

I can go pickup a VSS tomorrow but have to drive around 30Kms or so, so my question is.

1. Should I keep it in, and drive the 30kms hoping the VSS won't move around while the diff turns? I'm thinking if it moves around or rises up, it could damage the VSS splines?

OR

2. Should I just unplug it, cover the hole where the VSS plugs into the tranny so that no oil comes out untill I get a replacement?

It's the one bolt that holds the VSS in place that I over tightened.

wynode
02-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Err thanks for the help guys :thumbdwn: :p

wlee2
02-12-2004, 01:47 PM
sorry would help but i dont know enought to tell you anything that would help =P. i would say just plug the hole and drive without it pluged in though =P..

you prolly would have picked up the extra bolt by now right =P..

wynode
02-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Turns out the bracket and the VSS go together, so I'd have to pickup a new VSS.

OR

I could just drive around like this as it sits in pretty firm (which is what Robert@Hanny's said to do!)

jords
02-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I would do what robert said Win, take it easy though.

flipmods
02-12-2004, 05:07 PM
I would leave it like that as it will still be strong enough with the 2 bolts, unless you got some spare cash and time.

Weq
02-12-2004, 05:17 PM
looks fine 2 me.

tinkerbell
02-12-2004, 05:49 PM
i never bolt mine in, but mine have always been mechanical, so not sure about electronic vss...

wynode
02-12-2004, 08:01 PM
I would leave it like that as it will still be strong enough with the 2 bolts, unless you got some spare cash and time.
Those two bolts don't hold it. Only the one bolt (the one i'm holding in the pic) holds the VSS in place.

Guess i'll just keep it like this till I come across one for cheap (or maybe even superglue the bracket back! :D

btw Jords, I met someone who works with you at the markets on Wednesday at Hannys.