PDA

View Full Version : CU2 coilovers - Tein

Dilan
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Looking into lowering my car a bit before I start saving for some new 19 to 20inch wheels.

I am looking into Tein Basic Coilovers at Heeltoe auto. Just wanting to find out if this will provide an adequate drop and if anyone has had any experiences with them?

Installation wise I assume any decent suspension mob will be able to help me out.

Edit - I should add, would I better off with changing the springs to something decent like a Eibach Pro-Kit? I didn't really look into this, but it seems like the better option. My only problem is the compatibility with the stock shocks?

sash_euro
13-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Looking into lowering my car a bit before I start saving for some new 19 to 20inch wheels.

I am looking into Tein Basic Coilovers at Heeltoe auto. Just wanting to find out if this will provide an adequate drop and if anyone has had any experiences with them?

Installation wise I assume any decent suspension mob will be able to help me out.

Edit - I should add, would I better off with changing the springs to something decent like a Eibach Pro-Kit? I didn't really look into this, but it seems like the better option. My only problem is the compatibility with the stock shocks?

watch out, euro's have heaps of trouble with CV joints, this might put unessasary pressure on them.

average cv joints in them lasts 120,000km but doing that can drop life to 80-100.

and i know its personal preference, but srsly? 20" rims? lol i wouldnt go above 18... its a cheap family car not a 300c

MrHeeltoe
15-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I unfortunately have not had the chance to install one of these sets on a CU2. I can say though that we have done a lot of suspension lowering on a lot of Honda cars. I have found that most of them react similarly to lowering, and none of them can I really say have had issues with axles or bearings on any of these cars as a direct result from lowering.

I do know that the CL9 for us, the year 2004 in particular, has an issue with axles, which once replaced with new units seems to cure the problem. But this does not translate to vehicle lowering or any other years. The axle issue we see on 2004 cars is largely considered to just being a bad run of parts that year.

aaronng
15-01-2010, 07:16 AM
watch out, euro's have heaps of trouble with CV joints, this might put unessasary pressure on them.

average cv joints in them lasts 120,000km but doing that can drop life to 80-100.

and i know its personal preference, but srsly? 20" rims? lol i wouldnt go above 18... its a cheap family car not a 300c
Depends on how much you lower by and it is similar to other models of Honda (and other brands). A 1 - 1.5" drop should be ok as long as you keep checking the CV boot. I've got 85k at the moment and no issues with the CV yet. As soon as you see the boot split, stop driving the car and arrange to have it replaced with a new boot before the grease leaks out.

Type R Positive
16-01-2010, 05:42 AM
and i know its personal preference, but srsly? 20" rims? lol i wouldnt go above 18... its a cheap family car not a 300cYou have posted a response to a CU2 question.
lux comes with 18's already. 19's or 20's are definately needed.