PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a respray or can i cut and polish?

slow_poke
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey i was just wondering if i can give my car a cut and polish and this will be fixed? if not were is a good respray place that does custom paints?the plan is a bayside blue [R34 GTR blue] and how much for a full respray?

Thanks heaps

ekcoupe
10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
looks like u have gone through the clear coat n will need to get resprayed.
if u want a good paint job ur looking around 2000-3000 plus also depends on how much damage they need to fix
good luck

slow_poke
10-01-2010, 10:23 PM
looks like u have gone through the clear coat n will need to get resprayed.
if u want a good paint job ur looking around 2000-3000 plus also depends on how much damage they need to fix
good luck

Not me LOL haha was like that when bought. Cheers

xclusive_eg8
10-01-2010, 10:32 PM
backyard job it bro, some other guy had the same thing on his eg hatch, search the forums, iv painted my boot lid its not that hard just time wasting

slow_poke
10-01-2010, 10:47 PM
backyard job it bro, some other guy had the same thing on his eg hatch, search the forums, iv painted my boot lid its not that hard just time wasting

Yeah tiksie done it, i'm still thinking about it but hopefully this year i get the new paint job but still thinking of cleaning it up so it looks clean until then.

quangsuke
11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
it be cheaper replacing it. im presuming thats your bonnet right?

SuiJin
11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
hisroof

tiksie
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah tiksie done it, i'm still thinking about it but hopefully this year i get the new paint job but still thinking of cleaning it up so it looks clean until then.

No chance of 'cleaning until then'.

If you want it clean, just sand it back until it's all matte, looks way better then blotches of clear missing, either full matte or full shine.

na-118
11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL bonnet

tsg88
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Ouch, thats about as bad as my sisters 94 pulsar. There is no return, and I am freakin out over my EK being parked outside alot (Dads cars get the garage :p), I polish the roof pieces and the top of the rear bumper every month to keep it from doing that, its threatening all over the place though :( most 90's cars are heading this way now, unless they're white, then you can't really tell even if it is going.

I am THIS close to buying a car cover for mine, just to stop it getting to that stage, atm there is clear coat and the colour has just faded a bit... but there is one or two dots where its threatening to go nasty...

If you want you could backyard job it, compressors are cheap as now... all in the name of fun and learning experience I suppose? We have all the gear but my dad isn't brave enough to tackle a car yet.

EDIT: Also if its just the roof... our local car detailer only charged $500 to fix some rust over the windscreen and fully respray the roof of our 4x4, metallic paint colour matched. The cost includes the price of the paint for the job, plus the labour to do it... that's how he described it to us, the more you want done, if its not too complex then they can do it for just the labour. I will probably be getting this same guy to do my EK if it does go nasty.