PDA

View Full Version : 1993 stock Integra GSi upgrade

Brotack
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Purchased my Integra about 3 years ago and love it to bits, all my mates drive skylines, Supra's and WRX's. Everyone is now pressuring me to "upgrade" to a bigger car like them or at least go turbo. But to be honest I love my Honda and it kind of seems strange to me to go turbo in one of the best natural motors ever made.

Although I am not going to argue that I do want a bit more power mainly to make them eat there own words when we go down the strip on street meet nights at the drags.

first off I am curious as to if it is possible to replace my B18B2 engine with the B18C7 type R engine. can it be dropped straight in or do i need to do engine mount mods and what not?

Are there any good but reasonable priced high flow headers that don't cost an arm and a leg?

If I was to decide to go to a super charger are there any that people would recommend but again not cost me an arm and a leg? I am only thinking low boost at the moment.

Sorry for the wall of text but I been thinking about this for a while and only just found these forums, and as i said before all my mates who I normally would ask about cars don't have a clue about Honda's.

jeffreymui
11-01-2010, 12:16 AM
yes striahgt swap......if ur gona boost it, might aswell get a turbo charged nissan:P

Latino CRX
11-01-2010, 12:21 AM
yep swap to 18c7 then spend some cash to motor u be goin good up against them then

GSi_PSi
11-01-2010, 02:03 AM
If your going to boost it dont waste ur money on a ITR engine. Do an LSVTEC headswap with Forged internals and boost it. Need to upgrade that gearbox either with a new LSD equipped one or throw in a LSD into it, finish it off with a good programmable ecu + tune and your set..

xntrik
11-01-2010, 02:17 AM
What is an arm and a leg worth nowadays?

dougie_504
11-01-2010, 07:48 AM
B series are straight swap. XForce headers great value. Skylines are homo IMO, you see one every 30mins

Giraffe
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
well theres extra cash on top $$ but with that money you could buy yourself another car, just my 0.02c.
but if you don't mind spending $$ just get a type r engine, with some mods.

p3akin
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
do it properly.. and do a k20 swap.. or work on the engine you have now... b18c7 wont do much

dongsoo
13-01-2010, 02:33 PM
needs 2.4 plus supercharger

Brotack
19-01-2010, 07:32 PM
thanks for the answers and ideas i guess i gotta go away and work out what i want to do from all the suggestions.

r2dav
20-01-2010, 08:15 AM
hi,
sorry to hi-jack thread, but question regarding LSVTEC. Approx how much cost/work done is involved in this? I was quoted $12k at one place and at that price I might as well buy a new car. Am I being taken for a ride or is it a fair estimate?

TheSaint
20-01-2010, 10:14 AM
i agree ... skylines are like JDM commodores lol i really dont like nissans that much

WRX can be very awsome if modified tastefully, you wont get peak power like a nissan because of the power loss in the drivetrain - but they handle almost as well as hondas do

you can really see that they are designed for rally tho ... after being a street/track man my whole life a mate thats been a state rally champion took me out in his car and it was a whole different animal lol

my advice would be to just look out for a 98+ Type-R, they are getting so cheap now that its not worth doing the swap on the gsi or upgrading the running gear on the vti-r

let us know how it goes =)

Brotack
20-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Ok next question any suggestions for companies in Australia that can help me get my hands on a 98+ type R?

grifty
20-01-2010, 11:35 PM
www.carsales.com.au they did sell them ova here

TheSaint
21-01-2010, 12:07 AM
in⋅de⋅ci⋅sive
  /ˌɪndɪˈsaɪsɪv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-di-sahy-siv] Show IPA

–adjective
1. characterized by indecision, as persons; irresolute; undecided.
2. not decisive or conclusive: a severe but indecisive battle.
3. lacking definition; vague or indistinct: the indecisive outline of the distant hills.
Origin:
1720–30; in- 3 + decisive

Related forms:
in⋅de⋅ci⋅sive⋅ly, adverb
in⋅de⋅ci⋅sive⋅ness, noun

Synonyms:
1. vacillating, hesitant, wavering.