PDA

View Full Version : 09 honda civic sport FD2 side airbags

Mrcivic09
12-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Hey guys, im just wondering where are the side airbags located at?

Is there any air bags in the side door panels? I am going to take out my door panels myself to install some insulation and i dont want to damage anything, especially the airbags or deploy them.

Is there anything in the door panels that may be damaged easily and should be taken extra care while taking my panels off?

Thanks.

aero
12-01-2010, 03:10 AM
not really sure about the location of side airbags since i have a vti.
if ur familiar with taking out inside door panels, then u should be fine.

u'll have to use a taped flathead screwdriver or something sturdy and flat to pry some clips. and also.. take off window controls and unclip the cables from them before u remove the inside door panel. will save time. same goes with the door lever... although i think there is a screw or more for that.
after that u can just pull gently and the clips that hold the actual panel to the door should come off.

hardest thing would just be detaching and reattaching the cables that connect to the window console and open lever.

fitme
12-01-2010, 07:44 AM
side airbags is located at the side of your front seats...theres a logo says srs/airbag, its near your elbow

http://civic.honda.com.au/assets/img_airbag-safety_lrg.jpg

Mrcivic09
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
So are there airbags in the door panels?

or are the door panels left unharmed in the event of a airbag deploy?

Stig
12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
there are no airbags in the door panels

front air bags are located in the front steering wheel and in dash for passenger side
side airbags are located in the side of the front seats
curtains are located in the A pillar and C pillars

Mrcivic09
12-01-2010, 05:58 PM
thanks stig

FallenAngel
13-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Just have a look on the side of the front seats.

You'll see that there is a plastic oval shaped trim. Inside is the airbag.