PDA

View Full Version : pimping up a bike

slimx
12-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Ok guys just curious other than a paint job/fairing change what can u do to a bike?

in this case any of the CBR's..

Like can u put a sound system/neons/new sidemirrors../lower it
i have no KNOWLEDGE of bikes so yes this is a noob question, i just thought it would be smarter to ask here.

Lepperfish
12-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Ok guys just curious other than a paint job/fairing change what can u do to a bike?

in this case any of the CBR's..

Like can u put a sound system/neons/new sidemirrors../lower it
i have no KNOWLEDGE of bikes so yes this is a noob question, i just thought it would be smarter to ask here.

Depends on how hard you wanna go. You can get Bar ends, aftermarket rear sets. Lower it, stretch it. Bar end mirrors, tinted screens, shorter coloured levers, heated grips, etc etc.. It really is endless on what you can do.....:honda:

Twincam16
12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Haha, I wouldnt put neons/sound system on a bike, It is possible, but youre going to get the wrong attention

As Leppefish said you can spend some big bucks modifying a bike, check out some of the online MC stores and have a browse at what they have

slimx
12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
ive looked up everything, lowering makes it look alright, the seat sounds good too, theres nice looking ones. tint is .. easy.

I couldnt seem to find any info on Heated Grips?

dynasty
13-01-2010, 09:50 AM
LOLOL @ sound systems...dont over-do it and make it look stupidly wrong, lowering it doesnt necessarily make it better, u're only supposed to lower it enough so both of your feet can land flat on the ground when coming to a stop, stretching it makes it into a drag bike which if u have no previous experience with riding, make u look like a complete tool. what does look good is you can run two strips of LEDs underneath the tailpiece just above the rear wheel, its cheap and looks nuts at night, and of course theres the exhaust, pazzo adjustable levers, carbon tank covers... but other than that, id just leave it alone..
PS: heated grips are fairly useless since its the back of the hand thats exposed to the wind not the palm so that to me would be a waste of money too

RoNi_SiZe
13-01-2010, 09:51 AM
just get it looking clean man...

U know, fender eliminatos for ur license plate holder.
Flush mount indicators.
Tinted screen.

Next I'd go a hot exhaust.

If u wanna get silly u can get some pimpin' Pazzo levers.

rpm boy
16-01-2010, 04:04 PM
exhaust, carbs, cam, paint job, brakes wheels in some cases
just stick with an awsome paint job and exhaust

xntrik
16-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Mirror-less.
Not reccomended tho, but looks neater,
=)

slimx
16-01-2010, 11:43 PM
i have another question..
relating to DEFECTS, see how we can lower and what not .. with cars and u know its all defect.. when it comes to bikes.. whats the limit? how low cna i go.. what cant i have? is carbon fibre legal etc..

Twincam16
17-01-2010, 02:08 AM
i have another question..
relating to DEFECTS, see how we can lower and what not .. with cars and u know its all defect.. when it comes to bikes.. whats the limit? how low cna i go.. what cant i have? is carbon fibre legal etc..

Have you got a bike yet or a license?

Carbon = legal

Dont think about lowering a bike. Its not like a car, lowering a mc will upset its handling and make it a POS to ride, nobody on the road lowers their bike unless htey are too small for hte bike, or they drag it... it wont serve any purpose

Twincam16
17-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Mirror-less.
Not reccomended tho, but looks neater,
=)

Bad advice. Riding without mirrors is suicide, imaging changing lanes, you will have to turn ur body, check your blind spot, and in that time lose focus on the road ahead of you... what for? so your bikes looks like a little sleeker?

xntrik
17-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Bad advice. Riding without mirrors is suicide, imaging changing lanes, you will have to turn ur body, check your blind spot, and in that time lose focus on the road ahead of you... what for? so your bikes looks like a little sleeker?

Thats why i said not reccomended, just looks cool. lol

6thgear
17-01-2010, 05:15 PM
maybe chrome as much as you can. that would bling it up...probably suit more the harley type bikes though

slimx
17-01-2010, 05:44 PM
got the license recently, looking to purchase one, over the next few weeks.

L's so can only ride 250cc

What about wheels? can u get rims ince jDM style ones.. ? like pure black n shit ? or even pimped out CHromeee 18" lol ??ive only seen rims on the choppers what abot CBR's?

Lepperfish
17-01-2010, 06:13 PM
got the license recently, looking to purchase one, over the next few weeks.

L's so can only ride 250cc

What about wheels? can u get rims ince jDM style ones.. ? like pure black n shit ? or even pimped out CHromeee 18" lol ??ive only seen rims on the choppers what abot CBR's?

Do you know you can ride bikes greater then 250cc? You can ride up to 660cc.
There are some pretty decent LAMS bikes out there apart from the MC22..

6thgear
17-01-2010, 08:58 PM

polish the f...er
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9101/bikechrome16vv.jpg

slimx
23-01-2010, 07:28 PM
but the RTA tells me MAX 250cc.. by law its like not being able to drive Turbo.. on your P's..

and LMAO at the pics, although the chrome 1 looks quite nice lol would be a bitch to clean though.

Twincam16
23-01-2010, 11:14 PM
but the RTA tells me MAX 250cc.. by law its like not being able to drive Turbo.. on your P's..

and LMAO at the pics, although the chrome 1 looks quite nice lol would be a bitch to clean though.

Whoever told you that is wrong

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcycleridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html

slimx
24-01-2010, 12:25 AM
****k i had NOOO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS :S

And i was trying to find a way to grab myself some kind of exemption :S
Well **** 250cc ill start saving for the cbr600rr always liked that bike

Twincam16
24-01-2010, 09:17 PM
****k i had NOOO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS :S

And i was trying to find a way to grab myself some kind of exemption :S
Well **** 250cc ill start saving for the cbr600rr always liked that bike

You cant ride CBR600RR's on L's or P's... do a search on LAMS motorcycles, or better yet read this topic

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98562

Will give you a list of every motorbike you can ride, which 250cc are not allowed, and every bike that IS allowed which is up to 660cc max. Bikes like R6/CBR600RR are not allowed as they have a power:weight ratio of more than 150kw/1000kg

slimx
24-01-2010, 11:34 PM
so many rules so many regulations -_-

Out of curiosity has anyone on the forum been actually booked or pulled over on the L's and got away with it??

Like would a copper carry around a list like this? or would they have to look it up and shit.. to test whether a particular bike matious power to weight ratio.

hisoka
24-01-2010, 11:37 PM
first thing i thought when i read the thread title i dont know why.

http://www.duccutters.com/Originals/TurboScooter.jpg

on a serious note tyga body kits are pretty popular with the 250 riders

heres some kit they make

http://tyga-performance.com/stoner/stonerleftrear.jpg
http://www.jap4performance.com/images/may08/customerBikes/TYGA2.jpg

2MPRS
24-01-2010, 11:45 PM
that thing would probably be faster then my civic :(

Twincam16
25-01-2010, 12:26 AM
so many rules so many regulations -_-

Out of curiosity has anyone on the forum been actually booked or pulled over on the L's and got away with it??

Like would a copper carry around a list like this? or would they have to look it up and shit.. to test whether a particular bike matious power to weight ratio.

Its same as a car... Hwy patrol know thier shit. They can tell what model/make of motorbike someone is riding at night just from the shape of the headlights in the oncoming direction

I was pulled up on my l's and p's and as long as you have a straight attitude and you are nice to the cops, they will be good.

If you have a non legal bike, id be more worried about having an accident and either hurting yourself or someone else and not being covered by insurance, then having to pay your own or someone elses $100k medical bill for the next 20 years

dickedd

Twincam16
25-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Bodykits = Pay through the arse for a bike that was nearly written off by a overseas rider & pay extra for a bodykit that covers up the damage by a shonky importer

heres some kit they make

http://tyga-performance.com/stoner/stonerleftrear.jpg