PDA

View Full Version : DC5S life in kilometres until major breakdown?

integra :)
12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I am an owner of a Integra DC5S and im just wondering how much kilometres approximately until breakdown of a DC5S. Just before you say it depends on the weather i live in Melbournes Weather. I get my DC5S serviced everyone 5 thousand kilometers and when im feeling it needs the big service i change all the oils and everything. All answers will be greatly appreciated. ;)

Thankyou
Integra :)

seihoa
12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
major break down? like fuel pump ? power steering?
or u mean like head gasket blowing?

all depends how u treat the car and its life it had before u.
Ranges from anything.

but would expect few issues to arise close to 200k

integra :)
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
major break down? like fuel pump ? power steering?
or u mean like head gasket blowing?

all depends how u treat the car and its life it had before u.
Ranges from anything.

but would expect few issues to arise close to 200k

By major break down i mean the whole engine shuts down on you sorry for forgetting to put that it :cool:

seihoa
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
whole engine? as said it can be caused anytime really depends how the car was treated.
but if treated good would last over 300k

r3ckless
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
lol, u only jsut bought the car didnt u, how cna u change all your fluids and oilds?

burak213
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
when it breaks down you wouldn't care and prob want a better car.

Zilli
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
my god....

um... your question is impossible to answer... i suggest you go to a site like "how stuff works" and learn about mechanics a little bit

as long as your vehicle or any material item is maintained it will have a reasonable service life

reasonable is up to interpretation
life is up to interpretation
service is up to interpretation

Zilli
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
just so you dont think i am a complete prick...

integra :) how long am i going to live? answer that for me

Mikecivic78
12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
No offence integra, but is this thread supposed to be joke?

Do a search, or post on the noob forum next time bro

dinorider
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
dumbest nooby question ever.

Noobies shouldn't be allowed near Integras! Stick with a Jazz

EuroAccord13
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
How long is a piece of string?

Your question is impossible to answer, in simple terms, if it's maintained well, the engine will last a long time, if it's not serviced regularly, may just break down the next time you drive it.

That being said, I have a mate who still drives a hands me down car (TN Magna) with over 400000kms on it and it still runs well, of course, things have been replaced through wear and tear but the engine internals have been untouched.

infusionz
13-01-2010, 02:17 PM
relax guys stop hating on a guy that wants to learn

oongie
13-01-2010, 04:01 PM
The guys are right,
you cant tell when an engine is going to die on you,
you wont be able to forecast when it will choke and die completely but prolong the life of the engine by taking car of the car.
My mate had an old kingswood where the odomoeter had reset to zero more than once in its lifetime with the same engine.

markis
13-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Baaaahhh you guys are all a bunch of sheep. when one person gets his point across you all follow. geez cut him some slack i bet half of you guys dont even know how Vtec really works lol.

Zilli
14-01-2010, 07:11 AM
since the OP hasnt responded once to his own thread, and it's going to shit with spam, i'm shutting this down