PDA

View Full Version : Dust & Pollen Filter

msconfig
13-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,

After reading the Manual for my 8th gen accord i decided to have a check of how my dust and pollen filter was going, considering Sydney had the dust storm a while back. I followed the instructions on the manual and everything seemed OK, except that when i slid out the filter tray, it was empty :eek: Is it usual to not come with a Dust & Pollen filter?

Assuming it isn't suppose to come with one, would it be OK if i purchase a filter and put it there? or is it not needed for the Australian climate?

Thanks

DS_1
13-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,

After reading the Manual for my 8th gen accord i decided to have a check of how my dust and pollen filter was going, considering Sydney had the dust storm a while back. I followed the instructions on the manual and everything seemed OK, except that when i slid out the filter tray, it was empty :eek: Is it usual to not come with a Dust & Pollen filter?

Assuming it isn't suppose to come with one, would it be OK if i purchase a filter and put it there? or is it not needed for the Australian climate?

Thanks

It comes as an option and have to be replaced once every 20K. One thing i noticed is the aircondition blower is stronger without the dust & pollen filter fitted.
Hope this helps.

08AccordVTIL
15-01-2010, 07:56 PM
About $80 to buy. Honda recommends every 12mths or 30K.
Make sure you break off the plastics for the holder for air flow revealing a rectangular latice.