PDA

View Full Version : re:police officer !!!!

THRILR
13-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi,

Just curious can a off duty police officer give u a fine?? without pulling you over just taking down my plate number???

tsg88
13-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't think so if they are off duty?

THRILR
13-01-2010, 11:14 PM
yeh thats the direction im looking at. A police officer doesnt have the authority to give someone a fine if they are off-duty. It would make them like every other citizen. Correct?

tsg88
13-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Supposedly yeah, but it doesn't mean they can't compile proof then when they are on duty do something about it?

Nickykeeng
13-01-2010, 11:55 PM
they'll copy down ur details and call over some of their on duty friends to pop a cap in ur ass ;)

raniti
14-01-2010, 12:02 AM
i had a prob like this not long ago when i beepd my horn at a guy on a bike. turns out he was a cop and said he would show up the next day in uniform to issue a fine but never came. so depends if the cop can be bothered issuing it.

quangsuke
14-01-2010, 01:19 AM
it would be a abuse of power. plus the evidence he uses would be at his discretion; hence it would be bias. he can't do anything but file a "report" that will lead to no where.

last time a off duty copper tried to steal my parking, this was one of those parking 90 degree spots in the middle located in the CBD saying it is illegal for me to come in to the parking bay from that direction. i told him to show me his badge and he drove off.
thats my two cents.

bennjamin
14-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Off duty cops can carry badges , their guns and also indirectly give you a fine. Not on the spot , because they obviously lack their usual documents but surely can file a report back at base. 9/10 "stories" of people getting threats from off duty cops never eventuate , but I'd bet that small percentile go further , depending on the coppers an your attitude !

dongsoo
14-01-2010, 10:23 AM
my story is the opposite. it happaned over a year ago

back when i lived in australia i was driving and this falcon was like edging over the line at a set of lights. he was half way on the padestrian crossing and people had to walk around him. he seemed a total fu(C)khead.

anywhoo a bit later he kept creeping and was over the line in the midle of the road !

lights went green and i taken off pretty nicely (didnt launch it) and shown him why mid engine cars are better than falcons lol.

anywhoo i slowed down. and later pulled up at a certain business. he pulled up a bit later and said "mate im an off duty cop blah blah" so i said ok sorry sir i wont be silly.. he walked off.

2 weeks later... EPA decibel test must be done.

Zilli
14-01-2010, 10:27 AM
yes but a decibel test is something that can be issued remotely now even if you receve complaints for a civilian, thats my understanding anyway

p3akin
14-01-2010, 10:31 AM
so a off duty police complaint should be view as a civilians complaint?? and i hear in melb you have to have 3 complaints on ur vechiel before anything could be done? true?

EGB18CT
14-01-2010, 10:56 AM
my bro was issued a fine for using his phone at the lights off duty cop/not in uniform, cop was on his pesonal bike probably goinng home from work on st kilda rd, fine came in the mail a few days later lol serves him right ;)

Tegzieboi_BAR
14-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I know for a fact that a mate of mine got fined by an off duty cop. As far as i know he got waved over for drivin like a dick, the girl cop was headin home frm work, still wearin uniform. His details got taken down n he copped a fine in the mail.

But i believe he could have kept driving n if it caught up with him he could have argued she was driving a normal vehicle, and just because shes wearing a blue shirt doesnt necessarily mean shes a cop, or that he didnt realise.

But yeah, certainly a possibility to cop a fine from an off duty officer. Although, ud think when they r off duty they cbf doin work n not getting payed for it, i know when i knock off from work, i do my best 2 try n avoid anythin 2 do with it unless i absolutely have to.

dongsoo
14-01-2010, 12:55 PM
to be honest, i hated melbourne drivers SO much when i lived there, that if i was a cop i would do my work when i was off duty and fine everyone i could get the chance.

p3akin
14-01-2010, 01:12 PM
^^ nice to know (Y)

Stig
14-01-2010, 03:06 PM
a guy i know got done for talking on the mobile in the car by an on foot cop, i laughed

kcokla
14-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I know for a fact that a mate of mine got fined by an off duty cop. As far as i know he got waved over for drivin like a dick, the girl cop was headin home frm work, still wearin uniform. His details got taken down n he copped a fine in the mail.

But i believe he could have kept driving n if it caught up with him he could have argued she was driving a normal vehicle, and just because shes wearing a blue shirt doesnt necessarily mean shes a cop, or that he didnt realise.

But yeah, certainly a possibility to cop a fine from an off duty officer. Although, ud think when they r off duty they cbf doin work n not getting payed for it, i know when i knock off from work, i do my best 2 try n avoid anythin 2 do with it unless i absolutely have to.

Although i dont know what you do for work, think of it as police officer. If people are being dicks on the roads, or even simply talking on thephone whilst driving - there truly endangering lives. Being a cop is indirectly a constant non-stop shift. Much like a doctor or nurse or ambulance person. Whenever things ' need to be done' good/capable people shouldn't sit back and do nothing!

I was talking on the phone once at a set of lights, and a guy on a bike in his tight bike ridingg clothes knocked on my window and flashed me his badge - he was with a whole bunch of bike riding friends so clearly off duty.
luckily nothing happened after!

y u sookin dongoo?? u have some serious problems

+1

p3akin
14-01-2010, 03:18 PM
i think it all depends on the cop.. you have some dedicated ones and ones not to dedicated

Tegzieboi_BAR
14-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Although i dont know what you do for work, think of it as police officer. If people are being dicks on the roads, or even simply talking on thephone whilst driving - there truly endangering lives. Being a cop is indirectly a constant non-stop shift. Much like a doctor or nurse or ambulance person. Whenever things ' need to be done' good/capable people shouldn't sit back and do nothing!

I totally agree, all depends on the cop. Im sure everyone has been in situations where u get a d*ck driver that u just wish a cop came out of nowhere n pulled him over, n ofcourse if i had the authority i would... but im sure theres cops that would turna blind eye on things too since they arent gna get payed for it n have "better" things to do.

GSi_PSi
15-01-2010, 01:08 AM
my mates got caught street racing by a off duty- cop filming him with his phone. He then came to their house and gave them court dates. Both kept their cars but lost their licences.

aowwllan
15-01-2010, 02:34 AM
An off duty police lady dressed in casual stopped right next to me at a set of lights, i was in the over taking lane. The lights turned green and she sped up so i wouldn't be able to take over. A car was parked in my lane so i honked and gave her the finger.

She stares at me at the next set of lights, i stare at her back. She flashes her badge, i wind down my window and go What? you were in the wrong. She mumbles something "im a cop blah blah" i didnt hear her clearly and responded " excuse me ?" She said nothing and pretended to talk to her walky talky. psst.

dougie_504
15-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Yes they can fine and arrest you in VIC (if they can be bothered working when off duty)

Mr_will
15-01-2010, 07:20 AM
it would be a abuse of power.

Why?

plus the evidence he uses would be at his discretion; hence it would be bias.

discretion = freedom to act or judge on one's own. why does the fact that he chooses to give evidence make him biased? and what on earth do you really mean?

he can't do anything but file a "report" that will lead to no where.

"report"? is this magical police lingo?

last time a off duty copper tried to steal my parking, this was one of those parking 90 degree spots in the middle located in the CBD saying it is illegal for me to come in to the parking bay from that direction. i told him to show me his badge and he drove off.
thats my two cents.

What a big man you are, clearly you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

JohnO
15-01-2010, 08:23 AM
been fined afew times but everytime i go to pay up my fines it says to debt recovery but do these coppers end up getting it ontop of their salary? just wondering or does it go back to govt or some shit

Twincam16
15-01-2010, 08:45 AM
police do not recieve commission or any incentives to fine more motorists

Zilli
15-01-2010, 01:03 PM
i thought they do have a quota though?

xntrik
15-01-2010, 02:27 PM
yes but a decibel test is something that can be issued remotely now even if you receve complaints for a civilian, thats my understanding anyway

Sadly thats true. :(
I think its both Emissions and Decibel at the one time.

Tegzieboi_BAR
15-01-2010, 03:37 PM
i thought they do have a quota though?

Yep, i was listening to some police commisioner on the radio and he actually said that some days if theres not a whole lot of work on or whatever, a cop can be sent out to hit the road n basicaly his job isnt done until he gets 4 (or so) drivers talkin on the phone/hoons etc.

johnprocter
15-01-2010, 04:15 PM
**** cops.

quangsuke
15-01-2010, 04:29 PM
What a big man you are, clearly you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

i was just saying how the off duty copper was abusing his power to win parking.

4age8u
16-01-2010, 01:40 PM
hes a random story my mate and i were drifing lol a r33 anyway parked up at coles and random old man comes...shows us his badge and goes 'qoute i will rip your fuking face off next time i see you do that" then we said sorry officer and bailed hahaha

Mr_will
29-01-2010, 07:54 PM
hes a random story my mate and i were drifing lol a r33 anyway parked up at coles and random old man comes...shows us his badge and goes 'qoute i will rip your fuking face off next time i see you do that" then we said sorry officer and bailed hahaha

cool story bro

CB7_OWNER
30-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I was driving to the city one day.. a bit faster then the speed limit, as i was leading a convoy to a formal..

Some camry pulls up the side (2005+ model). all four windows down, full car ( 4 people) ... driver is yelling "SLOW DOWN RIGHT NOW! PULL OVER"and they start waving a ID card around...i couldnt see in detail what the card was.. but i slowed down anyways.. pulled aside. and the guys were all like "dont speed again "or some crap like that and drove off...

Not sure if it was a prank or not..

Chriskoss
30-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I was driving to the city one day.. a bit faster then the speed limit, as i was leading a convoy to a formal..

Some camry pulls up the side (2005+ model). all four windows down, full car ( 4 people) ... driver is yelling "SLOW DOWN RIGHT NOW! PULL OVER"and they start waving a ID card around...i couldnt see in detail what the card was.. but i slowed down anyways.. pulled aside. and the guys were all like "dont speed again "or some crap like that and drove off...

Not sure if it was a prank or not..

LOLowned

trentd
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Similar thing happened with me, i was flying down a road and i was doing over the limit and i saw a subaru liberty turbo thing. and he pulled up next to me and was yelling at me to pull over and i just continued, and then he sped up next to me again and had a badge so i pulled over. he walked over and yelled his lungs out at me and said i'll get you another day, so he didn't do anything because he couldn't, because if he could of he would of impounded my car or somthing. because i would of deserved it back then.

In the end a few months later i got an epa letter saying about my exhausted had been classified as a disturbance and i looked at the location and saw that it was the same time and spot he pulled me over. so i think he did it.