PDA

View Full Version : system in dc5S

typeS__
14-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey guys,

jst wondering how to install a full system into a dc5S.
monoblock
4 channel amp
sub
front speakers 2 way components
and a head unit

thanks

16OTH
14-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Not my thread but this is a very useful thread on removal of the stock head unit for the DC5.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2615984#post2615984

it's at least a start

typeS__
14-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Not my thread but this is a very useful thread on removal of the stock head unit for the DC5.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2615984#post2615984

it's at least a start

yea i read dat i jst need to know how they removed the interior to install the front and rear speakers and link it to the subs and amps
thanks anyways =]

najdi
16-01-2010, 02:23 AM
if you look at the door handle theres a fla piece u need to take off..unscrew it and the rest is just clips..and the rear is just a cover...i dno about amp n sub tho

typeS__
17-01-2010, 01:03 PM
if you look at the door handle theres a fla piece u need to take off..unscrew it and the rest is just clips..and the rear is just a cover...i dno about amp n sub tho

yea im not sure how to link the front speakers to the back speakers and sub and amp...do you know how to take the back speakers out??

DC5TYPER
17-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Pay a professional or get someone who has done it before. You shouldt be playing with amps if your a noob at this sort of stuff.

Where you located?

TK38
17-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I hear that the front speakers need to be quite shallow. Unless you want to cut stuff.
Is that correct?

najdi
25-01-2010, 07:42 PM
ye kind of..a gud way to test if put ur hand in and see if it hits...if it clearly hits dont even bother but u can dril holes thru the door its all about trial and error i instaled 3 diff speakers at the front and custom fitted 4 6inch speekrs in the rear doorcards...il do it for u if u want?

DC5TYPER
26-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I hear that the front speakers need to be quite shallow. Unless you want to cut stuff.
Is that correct?

Correct if your not using a spacer. The factory speakers are on a spacer.

So if you want to put in decent speakers with depth, You must build a custom mdf spacer.

TK38
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
What kind of speakers will mount onto the stock spacer?
If possible, list down some speakers. Thanks

r3ckless
02-02-2010, 08:37 PM
hey man, im slowly researching and also plan to have a sound system in my type s also... double din dvd palyer, replace 4 speakers and front tweeters, and its all wired to an amp...

basically, i want to replace all audio components to aftermarket gear.. the four speakers are 6.5", and the tweeters up fornt are 1". I want to get Alpine Type R for the rear speakers and the tweeters, and im prety sure the type r's wont again fit in the frnt, as they sit in the door, and only shallow speakers can fit up front... im hoping type s ones can fit in there, and i wanan wire it all to an amp, mounted under my driver's seat. reason for all this, i want better sound, and dont want a sub cos i dont wanna lose boot space! keep us updatedo n ur build bro!