PDA

View Full Version : accord pulling to the left

mike0094
14-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey guys, my accords been pulling to the left for a while now, ive sorta just gotten used to it, anyway i got rid of the hubcaps on it and put some nicer honda alloys on it, after doing that it started to shake terribly going 100kmh down the highway so i decided to take it to a tyre place, they said a balance and wheel alignment would fix both problems. it doesnt shake anymore but still pulls to the left as it did before, should i take it back? or is there a different problem

biee2
15-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey guys, my accords been pulling to the left for a while now, ive sorta just gotten used to it, anyway i got rid of the hubcaps on it and put some nicer honda alloys on it, after doing that it started to shake terribly going 100kmh down the highway so i decided to take it to a tyre place, they said a balance and wheel alignment would fix both problems. it doesnt shake anymore but still pulls to the left as it did before, should i take it back? or is there a different problem

yep take it bak.....tell them to redo your wheel alignments

2MPRS
15-01-2010, 12:30 AM
it could be that one or two of the alloys have different tyres on them so one side grips more then the other or it is your wheel alignment

Addictions
15-01-2010, 10:16 AM
majority of these problems are lower control arm bushes. get that checked out, it usually happens when you accelerate, it starts pulling to the left. alternatively you can take the car back to the wheel alignment place to get it checked out, or you can take it to a place that is well known and know they'll do it properly to adjust it all.

I recommend getting them or a mechanic to check your bushes if they're worn or not.

[ IV 23 VI ]
15-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Have you checked the air pressure in the left tyre?

kccord
16-01-2010, 07:16 PM
If wheel alignment is spot on (printed results), tire pressure is equal and to specs and no major wear in bushes etc then it could be radial pull from your tires. Google radial tire pull.

mike0094
17-01-2010, 09:04 PM
If wheel alignment is spot on (printed results), tire pressure is equal and to specs and no major wear in bushes etc then it could be radial pull from your tires. Google radial tire pull.

thanks heaps for that mate.. ill look into it