PDA

View Full Version : B16A Problems Need Help

PLAYFL
14-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone basically my cousin has a 92 model crx targa which has virtually a standard motor aside from k and n pod filter and exhaust. Basically the car starts but it then dies down after a few seconds and turns off, sometimes it then dosent start at all and sometimes it starts straight away.

The car has just had the distributer replaced, compression was checked and it was fine, timing is fine, battery is full, battery terminals are secure and the car has fuel...Im stumped and my mechanic is unsure atm on where to start..

Just wondering if anyone has had a simular problem or know's what it could be.

Thanks in advance

dongsoo
14-01-2010, 10:16 PM
sounds like it is management related. AFM or MAP could have a fault ?

chowdaa
14-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Possible main relay situated under the drivers side dash area normally.
common issue, similar symptoms.
to get mine to work before i replaced it, i unplugged it and slotted it in several times just to get the relay to switch/unstick. not that i recommend it. That isolated it for me

MacDiZZle
27-02-2010, 01:50 PM
did you fix this?

braeden
27-02-2010, 02:31 PM
You might want to check that the CCA rating on your battery has enough cranking amps to turn over the engine, otherwise maybe there's a problem with your starter motor. Also what oil are you using?

Lukezen27
27-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone basically my cousin has a 92 model crx targa which has virtually a standard motor aside from k and n pod filter and exhaust. Basically the car starts but it then dies down after a few seconds and turns off, sometimes it then dosent start at all and sometimes it starts straight away.

The car has just had the distributer replaced, compression was checked and it was fine, timing is fine, battery is full, battery terminals are secure and the car has fuel...Im stumped and my mechanic is unsure atm on where to start..

Just wondering if anyone has had a simular problem or know's what it could be.

Thanks in advance

Does it run fine once wormed up?

Possible main relay situated under the drivers side dash area normally.
common issue, similar symptoms.
to get mine to work before i replaced it, i unplugged it and slotted it in several times just to get the relay to switch/unstick. not that i recommend it. That isolated it for me

Very common issue

Main relay get's dry joint

Ether replace or just resold the solder points

Limbo
28-02-2010, 10:45 AM
check the fuel pump is working, or could be faulty ECU see if there you can get a hold of another one to test

90LAN
28-02-2010, 10:46 AM
does it come up with a check eng ?