PDA

View Full Version : Last Friday to the city

VirIIx
01-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Last friday 26th of November, on the way to the city (sydney) passing through falcon's rd leading to the harbour bridge, I bumped into a Black Euro Accord with black rims, the full bodykit with an exhaust upgrade.
Lost him in the traffic tho, just wondering who it was if they're in the forums here :wave:

yfin
01-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't know him but speaking of black Euros - there is one in the current edition of Autosalon with a crazy custom body kit. The wheel arches are massive. A real gangster look - is running 275 tyres in the rear or something nasty like that. Not my cup of tea but due credit to the guy. This is the car - worth checking out the magazine - no engine mods mentioned in the article.

There is this weird emblem on the bonnet - think the car would look better without it. Still - very original and obviously a lot went into this . :thumbsup: You can really see how wide the arches are in the last photo - next to the modded Mazda 6!

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040920190727&Filename=52682.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040312121936&Filename=52697.jpghttp://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040312121936&Filename=60381.jpg
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040312121936&Filename=57901.jpg

Type R Positive
01-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah, my autosalon mag came in the post yesterday. I was suprised that they had it in the mag. Nice car, a lot of effort has gone into it for sure.

Chi
01-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I honestly dont like that accord, went a bit overbaord.

But was a good effort to get some kinda of result, not sure what result he was after lol.

SCRAPN
01-12-2004, 08:35 PM
pretty phat whent abit overboard with the flared gaurds tho.... i was gonna get those wheels in indo, copy ldr's.... nice grill but it would make a real mess of pedestrians

A'PEXi
01-12-2004, 08:52 PM
love kinto best euro :)

Dominik
01-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I just noticed, it looks like he has stretched the rear fender lower to cover the wheel more. Thats not VIP! The front fenders are nice, the Junction Produce emblem on the front is something that would appeal to VIP lovers, but those rear fenders look wierd...

The Mazda6 is hot though!!

Slugoid
01-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Don't really like that Euro personally. Too extravagent, but I guess that's why they're after in Autosalon. Maybe a little more respect for it if it had the matching power, like a K20 conversion or forced induction, and some serious suspension setup.

I've seen better Euro's (TSX) in the states.

Pum[Z]
01-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Well its all show and no go...

Got to respect someone modifying their euro to be like that... All though its not everybodys cup of tea it does a good job making it an individual...

Chi
01-12-2004, 11:16 PM
If you had the money pum[z] would you mod your car like that?

--eskimo-eg--
02-12-2004, 06:58 AM
I just noticed, it looks like he has stretched the rear fender lower to cover the wheel more. Thats not VIP!
he did this cuz he didnt want to mess up the door panel, thats why nelson (racing project) stretched the rear fender lower since kinto wanted huge fender flares

btw he spent $1000 just for the grille!

h22a accord
02-12-2004, 07:31 AM
wins the award for effort, he must have spent a bomb on it. but f##k its ugly.

Dominik
02-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Hmmm... He didnt want to mess up the door panel? why not? He might as well have gone all the way, since theres no way hes gonna bring that back to stock.

The flares on the VIP cars in Japan almost always extend into the rear doors. Infact, sometimes the whole door panel is flared too...

I mean, i give him mad props for going all out on a Euro like that. I can only dream about doing that to my car; but i just think he should have gone all the way instead of the droopy look on the back...

BTW, i read in my latest VIP mag (Panel beater ads) that you can get steel (not fibreglass) flares added to your car from around $1400 in Japan; Probably because its so popular... Probably not the crazy flares that Kinto did, but more like whats on the Six...

baboo
02-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Last friday 26th of November, on the way to the city (sydney) passing through falcon's rd leading to the harbour bridge, I bumped into a Black Euro Accord with black rims, the full bodykit with an exhaust upgrade.
Lost him in the traffic tho, just wondering who it was if they're in the forums here :wave:
I know which one you are talking about, he's probably got the most modded Euro in Australia.... Well apart from that stupid looking VIP style Euro.

Here's his list of mods:

Engine

ECU - Mines N1 VX-ROM
Intake - Injen Cold-Air Type
Exhaust Manifold - Maxim Works 4-2-1 SS
Catalytic - CWest N1 SS Test Pipe
Catback - Feels Honda Twin Cam N1 SS

Footwork

Caliper - Spoon 4-Pot Monoblock
Caliper Pad - Honda Access Type AP1
Coilovers - Endless Zeal Function S6
Coilovers Spring Rate - Swift F14K R10K
Camber Adjustment - Cusco Tension Rods
Wheel - Volk Racing TE-37 Forged Aluminum
Dimensions - 17s | Custom Competition Offset
Road Tires - Pirelli PZero Nero 215/45/R17 91Y
Track Tires - Potenza RE55S WT 215/45/R17 87W
Lug Nuts - Trust Forged Duranium

Transmission

Shifter - Spoon N1 Short
Shifter Rod - Spoon SS
Clutch - Exedy Hyper Single
Flywheel - Exedy Lightened
Differential - Helical 1.5 Way LSD

Maintenance

Spark Plugs - Denso Iridium IK24
Engine Oil Filter - Mugen N1
Engine Oil - Motul 300V Chrono Sport 10W-40
Oil Drain - Spoon Magnetic Bolt
Air Cleaner - BMC Twin Conical Filter
Transmission Fluid - Motul Custom Competition Specific

Lighting

Park Beam - PIAA Tera LED
Low Beam - Philips Ultinon 6000K HID
High Beam - PIAA Platinum White 4300K

You can see his Euro at TSXclub

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4286&page=1&pp=15

Slugoid
02-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Ohh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Nice and clean, and some sweet performance mods. Respect!!

**Ghost**
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
that accord goes to my uni... i almost finished my cigarette in the time i took watching it go over a speed bump

VirIIx
20-12-2004, 03:27 PM
that accord goes to my uni... i almost finished my cigarette in the time i took watching it go over a speed bumpLOL

god damn..

on a side note, thanks for the heads up baboo!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it now.. *puts up a marker* ;)

and now that i've seen the pics.. that is the EXACT ONE i saw...

MrPlow
20-12-2004, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Slugoid]Maybe a little more respect for it if it had the matching power, like a K20 conversion QUOTE]

why the hell would you put a k20 in a euro :rolleyes:

aaronng
20-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Because the K24A can't spin any faster than 7000rpm due to the long stroke. Any NA modifications produce more power at a higher RPM, and therefore doesn't realise the full potential in a K24A. With the K20, you can make the thing spin at 9000rpm and produce more power than the K24A short of going turbo.

Of course when both engines are STOCK, I'd take the K24A for the driveability in the heavy Euro body.

toE
20-12-2004, 08:18 PM

err...isn't the Accord Euro R in JDM land fitted with a K20 engine, the same engine as in the Civic Type R and Integra Type R? :)

Slugoid
20-12-2004, 08:58 PM
I guess Toe is the only smart person around here.

The K20(A) is the same engine found in the Civic and Integra Type-R's, as well as the current Accord Euro-R. The K20 has more power (160kW or so, JDM) than the K24 (140kW JDM and AUDM), so don't automatically assume that having 400cc less is crap.

Calvo
21-12-2004, 05:34 PM
lol... he used to be on these forums...