PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Security Code

Derrick28
16-01-2010, 04:35 AM
Guys, i am about to do some upgrade on my Honda Civic 09 Audio System and require to unplug the battery. Just wondering do i call Honda up where i brought my car from for the audio security codes ???

Derrick

HondaTechy
16-01-2010, 06:30 AM
The new civics don't need a radio code now.

CB7_OWNER
16-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Even if for some reason you do need code , you can call honda up, state you details/car details. and they will provide code.

Muzzy
20-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are you putting in place of the stock stereo??

Would love to see pics/outcome...

Derrick28
20-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I didn't upgrade the H/U just add the splits as well as amp and sub!
Speaking of splits...there is no tweeter when i remove my old speaker...it's located on the far side (near the corner), ain't they meant to have a tweeter there ?
I find that strange thro!

Derrick

HotKgon
20-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm new to car audios and had a question on this.
If I was to pull out my stock radio to put in a 2 din AV unit in, is it just plug and play like a computer? Or is it more complex than that? Any security things I need to be aware of? (I do realise that I need to buy a different middle panel)

fsjk85
21-01-2010, 12:13 AM
you'll want to buy a wiring harness so you wont have to cut wires and an adaptor for the antenna connector.

blasdf
18-02-2010, 04:49 PM
hey guys I'm going to replace battery tonight as my car is dead, and it's out of warranty so i think picking up a decent battery won't be too much problem. So people are pretty certain about this radio code thing? I just called up a battery centre and the guy said the only thing he's seen with some hondas is the stereo code thing when you change the battery. my car is an 07 civic

blasdf
18-02-2010, 09:20 PM
replaced battery myself, it was screwed, yeah as said above no codes needed.
and incase you guys start to reach dead batteries in your FD Civics, it's screwed, I thought I had an electrical issue and so did my mate.

Yesterday it was fine, no sign of problem, today car doesn't start, turn ignition all the lights flicker like crazy and doesn't even sound like it's trying to tick over, sounds like turning the ignition on when the car is on.