PDA

View Full Version : CU2 Fog Lights

Sharma
16-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Hello,

Trying to get a few things done to the car and fog lights is one of them. Not many places are open today, but I have managed to contact a couple and I got quotes of ~$520 installed. Was initially told $400 but then after I was transferred to the service department it went to $520.

Now I did a search on the forums and what had been posted up suggested that it should be a lot cheaper? Any recommendations on who I should speak to? Anyone on here that works for Honda :wave:

This is in Vic btw!

chunsa
16-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Sharma,

Just to give you an idea, when I was buying my Standard CU2 I added foglights to my car for $600.

For that price it seems like a good deal if it is parts + labour.

praja6
17-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I think Sharma purchased the car already and dealers may say big more price for the fog light. When purchasing a car with Fog light is different story as they can mark down the price low as they want to sell the car as well.

I think the best thing is Sharma ring few dealers and ask for the good deals for the fog light installed.

MKI4EVA
17-01-2010, 04:28 PM
IMO fog lights on the CU2 contribute very little to driving vision. The spance of the HID beam is so wide and far I could barely tell the foggies were on or off. You'd only do it for the look which makes you wonder if it's worth the trouble.

praja6
17-01-2010, 07:54 PM
HID comes only with luxuary model and with base model its halogen. As you mentioned how many times in a year we are getting fog here in Australia, compare with European Countries. Fog light may be a worth extra.

MKI4EVA
17-01-2010, 08:51 PM
oh I didn't know base model doesn't have HID head lights........good point.

SPQR
17-01-2010, 10:53 PM
If there is fog and your car has fog lights and you decide to use them, then you are supposed to switch off the headlights otherwise you defeat the purpose of fog lights, which is to provide a low height beam to get in under the fog and illuminate the road. Leaving the headlights switched on means that you will get bright reflected light back from the fog and it will dazzle your eyes.

Because most people have experience driving cars equipped with fog lights that are more fashion statement than anything else, then the knowledge of the proper use of fog lights has virtually died from the memory of modern (young) mankind, except for the few old fogies who can remember.

MKI4EVA
18-01-2010, 08:49 AM
interesting.

SPQR
18-01-2010, 07:51 PM
But I bet that state governments are just as ignorant and mostly forbid fog lamps being used without low beam headlamps being on.

furythree
18-01-2010, 10:42 PM
wow great tip. but yeh i find the fog on the cu2 is useless. the only thing it lights up is the front SIDES of your car. -_- so u can see people on the sidewalks clearer at night? lol

what kind of bulbs does the cu2 use for fogs and the hids and hi beams? i dont want to change kits but just want to change the colour. after i switched to white LED parkers yesterday, the other lights started looking disgustingly yellow

MKI4EVA
19-01-2010, 09:04 AM
oh hey snap........would it help if you put yellow bulbs for the fog lights?.........hahaha I might look into it.

furythree
19-01-2010, 10:10 PM
i just drove home today on the freeway after the harbour bridge. there was one of those LED signboards the RTA uses to display messages. it said "Only turn on fog lights in adverse conditions. Fines apply"

:S is this a new rule or something

denot
20-01-2010, 08:44 AM
i just drove home today on the freeway after the harbour bridge. there was one of those LED signboards the RTA uses to display messages. it said "Only turn on fog lights in adverse conditions. Fines apply"

:S is this a new rule or something

nope, I think the rule was there before, but no one care...

furythree
20-01-2010, 05:17 PM
great...so that basically means if the RTA is on a fog light crackdown. sydney drivers will be able to turn on their foglights once every 2 years

tumblingdice
20-01-2010, 05:34 PM
If there is fog and your car has fog lights and you decide to use them, then you are supposed to switch off the headlights otherwise you defeat the purpose of fog lights, .

thats interesting. i dont know much about fog lights, but i cant turn my fog lights on without the headlights being on with my CU2, well the parkers have to be on at least

CU2 Euro 09
20-01-2010, 07:50 PM
thats interesting. i dont know much about fog lights, but i cant turn my fog lights on without the headlights being on with my CU2, well the parkers have to be on at least

That's standard operation. They should only be able to come on with your park lights.

It's a fine and (I think) loss of 3 points in QLD. If you use them and there isn't a driving hazard.

From personal experience they work well in really heavy rain. And I mean so heavy that you can't see 80-100 metres in front of you.

kimnkk
20-01-2010, 08:45 PM
It's a fine and (I think) loss of 3 points in QLD. If you use them and there isn't a driving hazard.

Wow thats tough! I dont usually drive with them on but accidentally had them on more than a few times and i've never been pulled over. For us VIC peeps i think its just a fine, but i'm not certain, can anyone clarify?

iLlusion10
21-01-2010, 12:57 AM
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/RoadSafety/VehicleSafety/FogAndDrivingLights.htm

Front fog lights are designed to better illuminate the road in fog, snowfall, rainstorms or dust clouds. They can be recognised by the narrow pattern of light emitted.

Road Rule 217 states that drivers must not use front or rear fog lights unless driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions that cause reduced visibility.

So from my understanding, using them when is raining is legal. That's what I've currently been doing lately and haven't had any issues