PDA

View Full Version : Response Amps

Travis_Gib0
16-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Everyone

Just browsing ebay and found these two gems.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Response-2-x-150w-RMS-High-Power-Car-amplifier-AA-0434_W0QQitemZ230422896527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a6465f8f

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RESPONSE-AA-0434-AMPLIFIER-CAR-AUDIO-USED-2X-150RWMS_W0QQitemZ220539812632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3359327b18

i would only buy one and would be powering a US audio 12" 600watt sub (I know crap sub but i was given it and its ok for what i need) Iv read also the amp produces 450wattrms when bridged. it would be replacing my pioneer two channel which is currently running the sub but is only producing 150wattrms bridged. Also does anyone know the Rms watts of the us audio sub as i cant find it anywhere only the 600watt max power. Im guessing it would be in the 250-300wattrms range.
there both in adelaide so its easy i can go pick them up.

Any advice and comments if anyone has used these amps would be good :)

Cheers
Travis

Avalon Shotkicker
19-01-2010, 10:44 AM
AFAIK they are made for Jaycar, and are quite cheap when brand new.

Reading reviews in Car Stereo Australia magazine and Hot4s, they rate the Jaycar amps favourably, saying that in audition, they give out more power than many of the other name-brand amps.

Sure, they're not snazzy, and are not a brand name product, they seem to be good value for money.

The X Man
24-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey Trav, i have used the Response amps previously and installed several of them over the years and apart from one faulty unit the rest have performed well.

If you decide to buy new pop me a PM and i can get it same day at trade or in a few days at wholesale prices if you like.

Travis_Gib0
26-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Trav, i have used the Response amps previously and installed several of them over the years and apart from one faulty unit the rest have performed well.

If you decide to buy new pop me a PM and i can get it same day at trade or in a few days at wholesale prices if you like.

Cheers For that mate will definatly shoot ya a pm if i need anything. (offtopic but nice euro you have there :cool:)

i actually forgot about these amps they went fairly cheap to :( ah well i would prefer new to.