PDA

View Full Version : Best Motoring -JDM Civic type R vs Euro FN2

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 12:02 AM
The Best Motoring crew compare both Civics and race them on the track.I've never really liked the sedan Civic versions.The JDM Type R looks like an airport rental car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjATkd5q0Hs&feature=sub

nny911
17-01-2010, 12:29 AM
:eek:how could you say that about the real type r

JOhnnyFD
17-01-2010, 12:32 AM
dont worry.. we all know that "airport rental car" is a better car than the FN2R

in terms of looks, each to his own

curtis265
17-01-2010, 12:53 AM
mmmm, airport rental cars!

nny911
17-01-2010, 01:37 AM
funny how the better driver lost and he had a massive head-start... could be the car. :p

ej20i
17-01-2010, 02:18 AM
id hire that rental car anyday!!! LOL

bbds
17-01-2010, 10:09 AM
damn silver type r's look like shit

aaronng
17-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Looks like they started selling the FN2R in Japan this year in 2010. If only we got the same option to buy the FD2R. :p

Must be a lot of understeer since Tsuchiya was using quite a bit of handbrake in the corner, even in that final corner before the finish line! Plus he missed the apex twice. They commented that the FN2R's RE050 does not have the grip to match the RE070 on the FD2R.

Waternmo
17-01-2010, 10:44 AM
there is no way the FN2 is comparable to the real FD2R, in terms of engine, chassis to OEM equipment on the car....

Philip Lee
17-01-2010, 03:08 PM
FN2 is a limited ed in Japan. only 2010 units for sale and RRP is slightly more than FD2R.

i know which one i'd buy if i'm in Japan lol

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I knew my "airport rental car" comment would bring out the defenders of the JDM Type Rs:p
Honestly,looking at the JDM Civic front on and on a 45 degree angle, it looks like some Korean designed basic transportation.
The only reason why people defend it is that it has a higher performance level than the FN2.That's it!Deep down you all know that it wouldn't win any beauty prizes and to compensate for that ugliness you simply rationalise it away.
Some ridiculed the Mugen's RR FN2 rear wing.Have a look at the the rear wing of the FD2.... talk about looking tacky!:thumbdwn:
When it goes around the bends /corners the front design makes it look like it has those silly looking,very narrow temporary wheels on the front.
Anyway,the Mugen RR FN2 is the fastest Honda on the market.It would easily beat the FD2 Mugen and destroy the FD2.
The direction that Honda is taking looks like in future the highest performing cars will be those pissy,little hybrids like the CR-Z...But that's for another thread:)

mtonep3
17-01-2010, 05:10 PM
damn silver type r's look like shit

LOL!!! +1

I saw an fn2.. Do there rear bumper have holes for the exhaust, or is that triangle bit actually it's exhaust?? Cause I'm pretty sure i saw the actuall exhaust tip behind that triangle thing.. Talk about tacky!!

Philip Lee
17-01-2010, 05:19 PM
The only reason why people defend it is that it has a higher performance level than the FN2.That's it!Deep down you all know that it wouldn't win any beauty prizes and to compensate for that ugliness you simply rationalise it away.

from a FN2R owner, no wonder lol

to set the record straight, yes FD2R is a rental car, you can rent one at Hokkaido haha

personally i still think FD looks better than FN. i prefer my sporty car to look low. there is nothing stand out for the look of FD but it's far from being ugly. however the FN butt is just too big.

Some ridiculed the Mugen's RR FN2 rear wing.Have a look at the the rear wing of the FD2.... talk about looking tacky!:thumbdwn:FD2 rear wing is sort of an extension of the theme from DC2/DC5 rear wing. the latest rear wings by Mugen just don't fit the cars too well, not just for FN but also the Accords.

Anyway,the Mugen RR FN2 is the fastest Honda on the market.It would easily beat the FD2 Mugen and destroy the FD2.well you are right but u'll need to live in UK/Europe to buy one and with the price tag of near 40k pounds it better be special (and it better beat a stock FD2R with that amount of coins).

and please supply prove to support your claim that Mugen FN2R would easily beat the Mugen FD2R.

Philip Lee
17-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I saw an fn2.. Do there rear bumper have holes for the exhaust, or is that triangle bit actually it's exhaust?? Cause I'm pretty sure i saw the actuall exhaust tip behind that triangle thing.. Talk about tacky!!

the triangle bit is a false exhaust tip. there is a pipe in there i think.

blk_shadow
17-01-2010, 06:08 PM
yeah, the triangle bit is a mesh trim to finish off the rear lip and to cover the actual muffler tip. even HKS supplies the triangle trim for the FN2R exhaust system.

To be honest, I don't mind both models. Honda UK is concentrating more on the look side of thing and Honda Japan is as usual, its all about pure performance and look will be number 2.

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 06:08 PM
LOL!!! +1

Yes,but it looks neat,stylish and not over the top.

Curious how you own a EP3 and had the audacity to criticize, considering you drive a little bread van or is it a shagging wagon.???. LOL and double LOL!!

FDBenni
17-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Curious how you own a EP3 and had the audacity to criticize, considering you drive a little bread van or is it a shagging wagon.???. LOL and double LOL!!

I'd take the EP3 over the FN2 anyday .. it just performs much better and prefer the look of the EP3 better, either way no need to get defensive mate.

Civic118
17-01-2010, 06:45 PM

Doesn't the EP3 actually have real rear suspension, not just a simple beam like the FN2... :p

mtonep3
17-01-2010, 07:14 PM
My ep3 is a "bread van. :)" that would beat your hot hatch fn2 through corners and straight at a dearer price. Oh yeah talk about style? My car would turn more heads then your silver typeR.

Don't get me wrong i use to think fn2 was but ugly, but Now they alright. But no chance I'll ever get one.. It's each to there own, don't need to get all defensive about it, espeacilly who your the one who started dissing about other cars.

Btw ep3s are hatch backs if u didn't know... Not wagons

Waternmo
17-01-2010, 07:14 PM
EP3 over FN2 anytime... yea, and i must say with the money u pay for a type R and u get a torsion beam for rear suspension set up? thats wat u find in a yaris, corolla or jazz....

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 07:16 PM
The FN2 Mugen RR is more suited to daily driving than the FD2 Mugen.The Mugen FD2 is suited to the track but would be hopless on a long country winding road with all it's pot holes,uneven surfaces and undulations.
One's spine would feel like jelly after 1/2 an hour!
The FN2 Mugen is actually better at dealing with not so perfect roads than my FN2!The FD2 would simply be left behind!
Evo Magazine on their Bedford Autodrome Westside Circuit,recorded the fastest lap ever for a FWD car Checkout No.32.
Not bad for a car with a torsion beam.;)

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track49.html

bbds
17-01-2010, 07:20 PM
but still the fn2 is shit... thats why they sell them here, cause the rest of the world dont want them.. they prefer the real TYPE R FEEL!! =)

aaronng
17-01-2010, 07:22 PM
EP3 over FN2 anytime... yea, and i must say with the money u pay for a type R and u get a torsion beam for rear suspension set up? thats wat u find in a yaris, corolla or jazz....

Nothing wrong with the torsion beam. The same was said when Honda started using Macpherson struts in their Type R models. And yet the DC5R and EP3R are still great cars. :)

Mugen_B16B
17-01-2010, 07:28 PM
The FN2 Mugen RR is more suited to daily driving than the FD2 Mugen.The Mugen FD2 is suited to the track but would be hopless on a long country winding road with all it's pot holes,uneven surfaces and undulations.
The FN2 Mugen is actually better at dealing with not so perfect roads than my FN2!The FD2 would simply be left behind!
Evo Magazine on their Bedford Autodrome Westside Circuit,recorded the fastest lap ever for a FWD car Checkout No.32.

some ppl just have thick heads just as urself, do you really beleive wat they tell you in a magazine all the time or a video clip? all a load of bs if u tell me, yes the mugen RR fn2 might be quick but if its a track monster and the fd2r is a track car, wat makes the handling different from each other? both have track suspension so why does it make the fn2 more daily and the fd2r sitting in ur garage waiting to be driven? aaronng edit: Removed rudeness

Mugen_B16B
17-01-2010, 07:29 PM
but still the fn2 is shit... thats why they sell them here, cause the rest of the world dont want them.. they prefer the real TYPE R FEEL!! =)
well said brother lol

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 07:36 PM

No, you are incorrect:) According to the logic you have displayed in your comment above it is the FD2 that 's not wanted because the FN2 is sold in Japan,England,Australia,Italy,Germany,Spain etc.
Where is the FD2 sold..? ummm...ummm ..Japan and in some parts of Malaysia.
So I'm right,and you're NOT:p

Mugen_B16B
17-01-2010, 07:44 PM
No, you are incorrect:) According to the logic you have displayed in your comment above it is the FD2 that 's not wanted because the FN2 is sold in Japan,England,Australia,Italy,Germany,Spain etc.
where is honda made? if im correct it originates from JAPAN aaronng edit: Remove rudeness

FDBenni
17-01-2010, 07:56 PM
They're all great cars and its pretty much each to their own.. but tests have proven time and time again that FD2>EP3>FN2. Even in the video it shows the FD2 perform much better than the FN2, the FN2 just looks so uncomposed and has serious understeer issues.

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 08:04 PM
some ppl just have thick heads just as urself, do you really believe what they tell you in a magazine all the time or a video clip? all a load of bs if u tell me, yes the mugen RR fn2 might be quick but if its a track monster and the fd2r is a track car, wat makes the handling different from each other? both have track suspension so why does it make the fn2 more daily and the fd2r sitting in ur garage waiting to be driven? think u dumb fk

I think your cap is fitting too tightly around your head and it's causing pressure on that feeble grey matter that you call a brain.
So,I'm supposed to take your word over a well regarded and internationally respected magazine.
Yeah! that makes sense to me ...NOT! A word of advice, you may also need to turn down that "Doof,doof" music because it must be scrambling you already low electrical brain impulse activity.

fasthonda
17-01-2010, 08:24 PM
where is honda made? if im correct it originates from JAPAN U DUMB FK

Please speak English, give me a fighting chance to understand what you trying to say.:confused:

ej20i
17-01-2010, 08:30 PM
i saw the Modulo FN2R In tokyo autosalon about 2 hours ago!
it has the cf front lip
looks nice but behind it was the modulo FD2R
LOL!
i'll upload photo once i download em to my mac

JOhnnyFD
17-01-2010, 08:59 PM
where is honda made? if im correct it originates from JAPAN U DUMB FK

Please speak English, give me a fighting chance to understand what you trying to say.:confused:

what Mugen_B saying is that the FD2R is originally designed in JAPAN, having the TYPE R history & philosophy developed into the car whereas the FN2R is developed in the UK.. dont get me wrong but the EP3R is a great car itself too however i think it has a better edge over the FN2R (as shown from reviews and car to car tests)

sretocz
17-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I think we can all agree that FD2R>FN2R in every single aspect.

LittleDragon^^
17-01-2010, 10:00 PM
They're all great cars and its pretty much each to their own.. but tests have proven time and time again that FD2>EP3>FN2. Even in the video it shows the FD2 perform much better than the FN2, the FN2 just looks so uncomposed and has serious understeer issues.

Pretty much the conclusion I've come to from reading a lot of TypeR threads and reviews.

The only reason I'd get an FN2 is for warranty and parts availability in Australia...

aaronng
17-01-2010, 10:15 PM
what Mugen_B saying is that the FD2R is originally designed in JAPAN, having the TYPE R history & philosophy developed into the car whereas the FN2R is developed in the UK.. dont get me wrong but the EP3R is a great car itself too however i think it has a better edge over the FN2R (as shown from reviews and car to car tests)

No, that is not right. The JDM FD2 sedan design comes from the Acura CSX. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008-acura-csx-navi-premium-review/ Only the tuning (parts, stiffening and engine) comes from Japan.

Stig
17-01-2010, 11:10 PM

although yes you are saying the fn2r is more of a daily over the fd2r, and i totally would agree with you on that

but the true spirit of a "type r" is suppose to be like that and they have achieved that with the fd2r whereas they went soft with the fn2r and focused on the looks department to compete with other cars on the market.

my 2c. fd2r > fn2r ftw

derby23
17-01-2010, 11:11 PM
a little note. just because something is advertised in an internationally respected magazine, doesn't make it credible. and different people have different experiences, so thats why the opinion differs.

JOhnnyFD
18-01-2010, 12:03 AM
No, that is not right. The JDM FD2 sedan design comes from the Acura CSX. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008-acura-csx-navi-premium-review/ Only the tuning (parts, stiffening and engine) comes from Japan.

ahuh FD is from Acura CSX.. mentioning tat FD2R being developed in Japan

Philip Lee
18-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Lol @ bread van.

Your "sport car" is beaten by a bread van and a rental car, classic example of all show and no go, how sad.....

Seriously I like my type r raw. It's like a 911, GT3 is supposed to be stiff and if u worry about comfy, just get a Carrera!!

mtonep3
18-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Lol @ bread van.

Your "sport car" is beaten by a bread van and a rental car, classic example of all show and no go, how sad.....

Seriously I like my type r raw. It's like a 911, GT3 is supposed to be stiff and if u worry about comfy, just get a Carrera!!

How embarrassing man
the worlds "top of the range Type R" gets beaten by a "bread van", "Shagging- waggon" and "rental car", "LOL.... double LOL"

If u care about comfort, why buy a sports car? thats like if u care about petrol, dont wana pay high prices for petrol, why get a car that uses 19L/km?
if i really cared about comfortablity, i wouldnt change stiff suspension, low suspension, aftermarket exhaust, heavier clutch, bucket seats, the list goes on. and we all know all this makes the car go faster.

Waternmo
18-01-2010, 12:43 AM
lol @ bread van.

Seriously i like my type r raw. It's like a 911, gt3 is supposed to be stiff and if u worry about comfy, just get a carrera!!

lol x 2!!!

LiL FiLo
18-01-2010, 12:52 AM
i personally like the fd2r over the fn2r....

IMO the fn2 looks like a piece of swiss cheese.

If someone were to be worried about the daily drivability of a car why are we comparing mugen rr versions of their respective models... surely no one would buy a mugen fd2r or mugen fn2r for comfort??? you buy them for the roar power and handling to get that "race car" like feel....

top gear gave the fd2r a great review and if i were to pick any type r it would be the fd2r.

well thats my 2 cents worth.
hope I havn't upset anyone

nny911
18-01-2010, 01:15 AM
why make something that looks good. perform so bad.. its like having a r35 gtr with a maxima engine...funny how even the japs didnt have the fn2r
and its proven that australia gets the watered down shit. thats why most jap enthusiasts in australia tend to import. eg why dont we get ep3r or fd2r or mugen rr?

nny911
18-01-2010, 01:24 AM

so why buy a type r if u wanna cruise?

you might aswell buy a merc and cruise in the country side all you want.

type r stands for the whole theme of race. if you cant handle it dont be whinging

dny
18-01-2010, 01:46 AM
FD2R. nuff said

nny911
18-01-2010, 02:07 AM

ive seen it in taiwan, hong kong, singapore, macau and malaysia. and thats based on me seeing it there with my own eyes.. the list goes on buddy

Mugen_B16B
18-01-2010, 02:22 AM
yes enuff said, fd2r = superior

bbds
18-01-2010, 02:45 AM
TYPE R = TYPE Racing, they just ****ed the fn2r though. Maybe they designed that for daily use

mtonep3
18-01-2010, 03:14 AM
They shouldnnt of made FN2 a typeR, maybe somthing else like type S

ej20i
18-01-2010, 10:12 AM
agreed, in Autosalon, ppl look at FN2R interior and looked at the modulo FD2R and they all like...WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! and the girls look at the FN2R goes...KAWAIIIIIII!!!!
LOL!
cute car eh!
fd2r is Wah car!
hahahha

eg5civic
18-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry but fasthonda is just a fan of the fn2r because he owns one and is trying to justify his poor choice in car

i see grannys, and middle aged business women driving them in an effort to look "hip" and 'in tune" with the younger generation

As been mention why would you pay top dollar for a car with a torsion bar. Fn2's have put shame on the type r name. The car weighs the most out of any type r as far as i know and it also only came with 201ps, whereas the ep3 was 210ps and the fd2 at 225ps

How is a car getting heavier with less power and shittier suspension meant to be getting faster.
sorry fasthonda but you have no place to be dissing other people

Philip Lee
18-01-2010, 10:52 AM
agreed, in Autosalon, ppl look at FN2R interior and looked at the modulo FD2R and they all like...WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! and the girls look at the FN2R goes...KAWAIIIIIII!!!!
LOL!
cute car eh!
fd2r is Wah car!
hahahha

but i have to admit the Modulo FD2R looks ugly hahahahaha

they should just left it stock.

ps. pity no Mugen at TAS this year.

fasthonda
19-01-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry but fasthonda is just a fan of the fn2r because he owns one and is trying to justify his poor choice in car

i see grannys, and middle aged business women driving them in an effort to look "hip" and 'in tune" with the younger generation

As been mention why would you pay top dollar for a car with a torsion bar. Fn2's have put shame on the type r name. The car weighs the most out of any type r as far as i know and it also only came with 201ps, whereas the ep3 was 210ps and the fd2 at 225ps

How is a car getting heavier with less power and shittier suspension meant to be getting faster.
sorry fasthonda but you have no place to be dissing other people

Wow the Ep3 has 9ps more!.:eek:
You have been brain washed into believing that independent rear suspension is the be all and end all!Other cars use it such as the Megane RS26 a car that would beat my car around the track but also kick any EP3's arse.Not to mention that RS Clio another car that would kick you bread van's arse around the track!I agree that Renault did a better job at tuning their rear suspensions, but you ignorance shines through when like many zombies in these forums,automatically dismiss a car because it has rear torsion beam.
You're like a little club within this particular forum.As soon as someones says they don't like the look of the EP3.etc.....you go into a gang mentality trying to justify YOUR cars.
Just remember that your beloved EP3s are not Australian delivered.You will tend to have more problems with insurance and also part availability and possibly higher cost.Dealers tend to shy away from trade-ins that are not Aussie delivered .You just better hope and pray that the niche market for the EP3 is large enough.Some will be lucky to sell them at a good price but I'm sure the majority will have that sickly feeling in the pit of their stomachs that the depreciation has already ravaged the EP3s market value.

Oh! is "dissing" a real word?:)

dny
19-01-2010, 01:16 AM
nice essay and all fasthonda. but it still doesn't make the fn2r any better...sorry

fitme
19-01-2010, 07:55 AM
EP3 is a looker...id take EP3 anytime... EP3>FN2

INVSBL
19-01-2010, 08:12 AM
ozhonda,
where tards go each other over cars they dont own.

seriously, u all drive hondas, why the **** are you all going eachother?

its bad enough every one else puts shit on hondas, dont need honda drivers doing it them selves....

its a car, its made for the street, and for some reason i doubt the is that much difference between a fd and fn type R on the street, i dont see any ameture using the full potential of either car on a twisty back road.

you buy what makes u happy, y the **** do u have to justify that to anyone, and y the **** do u have to rip into some1 elses choices???

eg5civic
19-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow the Ep3 has 9ps more!.:eek:
You have been brain washed into believing that independent rear suspension is the be all and end all!Other cars use it such as the Megane RS26 a car that would beat my car around the track but also kick any EP3's arse.Not to mention that RS Clio another car that would kick you bread van's arse around the track!I agree that Renault did a better job at tuning their rear suspensions, but you ignorance shines through when like many zombies in these forums,automatically dismiss a car because it has rear torsion beam.
You're like a little club within this particular forum.As soon as someones says they don't like the look of the EP3.etc.....you go into a gang mentality trying to justify YOUR cars.
Just remember that your beloved EP3s are not Australian delivered.You will tend to have more problems with insurance and also part availability and possibly higher cost.Dealers tend to shy away from trade-ins that are not Aussie delivered .You just better hope and pray that the niche market for the EP3 is large enough.Some will be lucky to sell them at a good price but I'm sure the majority will have that sickly feeling in the pit of their stomachs that the depreciation has already ravaged the EP3s market value.

Oh! is "dissing" a real word?:)

Yeah the ep3 has 9ps more and weighs less.
Are you that narrow minded that you cant see past the fact that honda is producing cars with more weight and less power, in laymans terms meaning a slower car

I dont care about your renaults and meganes, and where did you get your information about them being quicker... i mean the megane sport is turbo'd for starters, so you'd kinda hope a turbo 2L would beat a n/a 2L.

Haha i'm in no way defending the ep3, i'm just voicing my opinion like you did. I drive an EG, so i am in no way biased. Look down on my if you want cause my cars cheaper than yours but at the end of the day i'm not the retard that started a thread that was obviously going to turn into forum bashing

So why dont you take your "type r" and go to the car wash cafe and hit on some grannys yeah

INVSBL
19-01-2010, 08:29 AM
lol kent, im just saying, i drove a honda, and was so sick of this shit, i come onto here and fark.

mtonep3
19-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Actually ep3 is faster than the Clio. As tested on top gear. And don't forget they used the uk version ep3 which had a slower engine and had no LSD. And the Clio was a 182 model which had LSD.
So I don't know where u got ur info from.
In the end of the day ep3 is a better car.
Through this thread everyone agrrees that both ep3 and fd2 are better cars than your fn2.

eg5civic
19-01-2010, 08:45 AM
lol kent, im just saying, i drove a honda, and was so sick of this shit, i come onto here and fark.

T. Rowlt :p

jut messing with you man :p

INVSBL
19-01-2010, 08:48 AM
T. Rowlt :p

jut messing with you man :p

i know man, hence the :p

wats 'T. Rowlt'???

blk_shadow
19-01-2010, 09:28 AM
ozhonda,
where tards go each other over cars they dont own.

seriously, u all drive hondas, why the **** are you all going eachother?

its bad enough every one else puts shit on hondas, dont need honda drivers doing it them selves....

its a car, its made for the street, and for some reason i doubt the is that much difference between a fd and fn type R on the street, i dont see any ameture using the full potential of either car on a twisty back road.

you buy what makes u happy, y the **** do u have to justify that to anyone, and y the **** do u have to rip into some1 elses choices???

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

eg5civic
19-01-2010, 10:20 AM
i know man, hence the :p

wats 'T. Rowlt'???

troll-t

INVSBL
19-01-2010, 10:26 AM
****ing LOL!

aaronng
19-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Closed because members can't be mature and have to diss other cars that they don't like.