PDA

View Full Version : Condenser Fan Issues

JDM-K20
18-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi guys,

My condenser fan is not spinning and i'm not too sure what's wrong with it. The mechanic said that it needs to be replaced because it doesnt spin, therefore the heat isn't being sucked out of the condenser, causing the pressure to rise inside the compressor. Should I just replace it or would it be something wrong with the wiring? Plz lemme know on your experiences with this!

Thanks,

p.s. if anyone is selling a condenser fan, please lemme know. I'm located in Sydney West area.

bennjamin
18-01-2010, 08:33 PM
check that the actual clip is plugged in ! Check that the ground wire to the condensor etc is tapped to the chassis....

VTec1987
19-01-2010, 01:05 AM
could be the relay playing up
before you buy a new fan, y don't you test your fan to see if it works

chuck 12v to the condensor fan switch to see it its working.

CB7_OWNER
19-01-2010, 10:51 AM
The a/c shouldn't work at all if the condensor fan doesn't spin. I had this problem yesterday, when i was at a workshop getting the car regassed from a failed compressor clutch...I did the install myself, so i know the plug was in.

Turns out it was just a 20A fuse in the fusebox next to the battery in the engine bay.. if its not that, then try the relay also in the same box...

As above you can trying just powering it up with 12v.

JDM-K20
20-01-2010, 08:13 AM
I've checked the connections and they're all good.

Will hook it up to a 12V power supply to see if the fan will run.

I Dont know if it'll make any difference, but when the mechanics showed me what was wrong, when the aircon was on, they initiated the spin, the condenser fan would work for a little while, and then it would eventually wear down.

grifty
20-01-2010, 10:44 PM
sounds like the fan motor is kaput.

JDM-K20
21-01-2010, 01:49 PM
ahh man...

does anyone have a spare condenser fan on them? =S