PDA

View Full Version : vti, exi engines

mike0094
18-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Is there seriously a NOTABLE difference between the non vtec engine used in the 94 accord exi and vtec engine in the vti(s)??

Troy
19-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Not exactly what you're after, but I have a 96 EXi and a 95 VTI. The VTI (with VTEC) feels like it pulls stronger, but not by a lot. I'd say it's notable but only by a little. The EXi (non-VTEC) also pulls quite strongly.

I may be wrong but I looked up some specs, for my two cars, EXi is 103kW and VTI is 107kW? So not a lot.

FAT VTI
20-01-2010, 05:33 PM
massive difference, far better off getting a vtec.

Whats a Honda without a vtec...?

Troy
20-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Er, still a Honda?

ceedeefive
22-01-2010, 08:27 PM
ive driven a few cd5 vti's and i own a cd5 exi and i can quite safley say mine pulls just as strong or maybe even stronger than f22b1, i was looking into an f22b1 for my exi but to be honest im not going to bother, and never think a f22b1 vtec will scream like a B or H series, it will never happen!

Jarkz
22-01-2010, 09:15 PM
^ your dreaming.

ceedeefive
22-01-2010, 10:08 PM
there was no real noticable diffrence between the 2, apart fromt the fact mine seemed to pull harder higher up the rev range,

zillacles
22-01-2010, 10:45 PM
F22B1 VTEC is just for economy not performance, so no surprise there. Swap in a H22!

typesaccord
24-01-2010, 10:25 PM
yeah as above they are both economy motors with very little between them power wise if you are looking for more power / performance then look at the H22A as its a easy bolt in swap !!

FAT VTI
26-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Yea but your comparing a car with vtec and one without.

Obviously 1 with would pull harder than one without- this is the bottom line.

If your going to start comparing H's and B's you are going beyond the scope of the question.

Personally I wouldnt bother getting an exi for the reason that a Honda with VTEC (regardless of whether it isnt as much as a H) isn't that much more expensive and is probably a better selling point.

you should remember an exi is the bottom range mate, vti is vtec and vti-s blows an exi out of the park and isn't THAT much more expensive and is easily twice as good a car.

VTI-S IMO, vti without leather feel like a grandpa's car....

FAT VTI
26-01-2010, 12:32 PM
^ your dreaming.

agreed.

exi are shit cars , simple. Its a honda without vtec. its like a gun without a trigger, looks good but doesn't pull.

ceedeefive
26-01-2010, 06:27 PM
ohh man, im not even going to comment!

na i will acctually, a f22b1 has vtec yeah, but seriously you can not say and VTI will blow a EXI out of the park, yeah, you got economy vtec and leather seats, and climate control whoopy shit,
like i said, ive driven a few vti's and i wasnt impressed,

FAT VTI
28-01-2010, 05:03 PM
ohh man, im not even going to comment!

na i will acctually, a f22b1 has vtec yeah, but seriously you can not say and VTI will blow a EXI out of the park, yeah, you got economy vtec and leather seats, and climate control whoopy shit,
like i said, ive driven a few vti's and i wasnt impressed,

LOL.

the entire feel of a vti-s incl. climate control, leather seats, colour coded side mouldings, vtec all make a vti-s SO much better than an exi, which has no extras.

for the price difference it's certainly worth getting a vti-s. feels alot better IMO.