PDA

View Full Version : Honda vehicle preparation

sunme
19-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Southside Honda QLD has just released a National Fleet Package available for purchases made by January 31st. We are offering the vehicle treatment protection pack Pre delivery only of Paint, Fabric, Carpet, Leather, Vinyl and Window Film for $990.00 including documented lifetime certificates. This is a significant savings and is available till the end of the month.

Hi guys

i just recently got a Honda Civic and will be picking up my car soon. They are putting together a package desciirbed from above (with all the basics most standard treatment to the car) for $990. Is it worthwhile getting the treatment from them?

thank you very much for your help!

cheers
Linda

VT3C
19-01-2010, 04:48 PM
still not a good deal IMO.. I think if you get a full protection pack with tint for $500 that is reasonable... Having worked in Honda Sales, the markup on the Protection Pack is ridiculous.. sorry any aftercare people on here.. but this always bugged me !!

get the tint yourself for around $250 and then spend the rest on a monthly professional detailer to come out to you and go over your car using superior chemicals :)

sunme
19-01-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks heaps VT3C for ur advice :)

Zilli
19-01-2010, 08:12 PM
the only time paint protection is worthwhile is if you are the kind of person who rarely washes her car, and even more rarely polished and waxes it

EK1.6LCIV
20-01-2010, 11:33 AM
on red the paint pack is worth considering

leather is pretty easy to maintain during ownership, along with carpet and plastics...

window tinting unless it says 3m on it is a waste of time for the bargain that it is

Limbo
20-01-2010, 03:37 PM
paint protection is good, but yes you can get it cheaper than the dealer.
And i use to own a detailing business so i know about them.

if you look at the open road mags, there are some business offering those protection details.

Fabric/vinyl protection from a furniture shop can be had for under $100
Tint as above is under $300 with like 20yr warranty.
Paint protection i looked at a few years ago could be had for like $200-300.
They spray a clear protectant over the paint

sunme
26-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi guys~

thanks so much for such detailed replies. I didnt get the package from the Honda dealer so now am trying to find people doing my metallic window tint. I am currently at the Gold Coast/Brisbane area in QLD so just wondering if anyone knows or recommends someone who can do a good job with reasonable price?

Cheers
Lin

EK1.6LCIV
27-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Express Tint for Brissy and have a look at the 3m range