PDA

View Full Version : Guages question - EG Civic

TheSaint
19-01-2010, 09:17 PM
i was wanting to get some gauges for my EG Gli Sedan ... dont really need them ... its just for kiks really lol

can you get Vacuum guages for civics? are u able to install them on the civic (D15B7)?

also what does the stock temp guage run off? oil temp, water temp or exhaust temp? or all 3?

was thinking of getting a temp guage to accuratly read when the car was warmed up enough to give it some spirit - just not sure which one to get

was also thinking of getting oil pressure ... but i dont think i will need it for a SOHC non vtec ... im not really doing much more to the car ... and i dont need to know when vtec is good to go from the pressure

what are peoples thoughts?
(this is a genuine enquiry - constructive answers only pls)
thanks in advance =)

PS - can u still get those 'frog eye' style guage pods that fit into the factory dash? cant seem to find them around for the EG

chowdaa
19-01-2010, 09:57 PM
-You are able to get vac gauges, they are universal, their input to the gauge is merely vacuum source from the engine, also + and - to be wired for light.

-Stock temp gauge is ONLY water. the symbol beside the gauge is universal for water temp.

-Aftermarket water temp gauges are very handy for that reason, get water temp instead of vac..

-Oil pressure is important for early signs of low oil pressure. More important in high revving engines or race cars.

-As for the frog eye gauge cups, check out autobarn, check the range of Autotecnica, Saas and maybe ss inductions.

TheSaint
19-01-2010, 10:02 PM
-You are able to get vac gauges, they are universal, their input to the gauge is merely vacuum source from the engine, also + and - to be wired for light.

-Stock temp gauge is ONLY water. the symbol beside the gauge is universal for water temp.

-Aftermarket water temp gauges are very handy for that reason, get water temp instead of vac..

-Oil pressure is important for early signs of low oil pressure. More important in high revving engines or race cars.

-As for the frog eye gauge cups, check out autobarn, check the range of Autotecnica, Saas and maybe ss inductions.

so you are saying i should go for a water temp guage instead of oil temp?
and i only take it to redline (6500-7000rpm) every now and than ... so is oil pressure important?

thanks for the info =)

TheSaint
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
ok so i got saas vacuum gauge and saas oil pressure gauge and im pretty happy with the product ... i just keep them on white light to fit in with my dash

i still cant find frog style gauge holders for EG civic ... can anyone point me in the right direction?