PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Alternative Servicing

PANJAB
19-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, well my 05 Accord is hitting the 60k mark and just wandering what options I have for the servicing. I have always used Honda Genuine Parts, e.g. FEO Engine Oil, Honda Oil Filters etc, now I am thinking of changing the parts I believe the oil grade is 10w30? can anyone recommend a similar oil + filter they have been using, as I prefer to go to Ultratune/Midas with my own parts and just paying for the labour. Also I need to top up on coolant, will any do? or is there a type the dealers use??

cheers...

aaronng
19-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Castrol Edge 5w-30 when it is on discount for $35 at Supercheapauto.

To top up coolant, you must use Honda Type II coolant (blue) to match the factory coolant.

PANJAB
19-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Castrol Edge 5w-30 when it is on discount for $35 at Supercheapauto.

To top up coolant, you must use Honda Type II coolant (blue) to match the factory coolant.

thanks aaronng, and would you know the specs of the filter???, and to be honest Honda has jacked up the price of FEO oil by about $20, in 08/09 bought a 5L can of FEO $29.95 (still got reciept) enquired last week, $54??...

Cheers

aaronng
20-01-2010, 12:46 AM
thanks aaronng, and would you know the specs of the filter???, and to be honest Honda has jacked up the price of FEO oil by about $20, in 08/09 bought a 5L can of FEO $29.95 (still got reciept) enquired last week, $54??...

Cheers

Not sure about the specs, but it is a standard Honda OEM filter used on all the Hondas except for S2000. Buy them from a Honda parts shop or a Honda wrecker. They usually stock them.

Silva
21-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Just be careful if your car is still under warranty as i am sure that using any other parts than genuine honda could void your warranty.

PANJAB
24-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Just be careful if your car is still under warranty as i am sure that using any other parts than genuine honda could void your warranty.

ive still got extended warranty till april 10.. Guys any idea if I can source FEO engine oil + Honda Oil Filter + Brake Fluid @ Wholesale price? instead of paying dealer markup fees?

aaronng
24-01-2010, 12:30 PM
ive still got extended warranty till april 10.. Guys any idea if I can source FEO engine oil + Honda Oil Filter + Brake Fluid @ Wholesale price? instead of paying dealer markup fees?

You can get it from Mekong Spares at Canley. Honda wreckers should also sell them.

PANJAB
27-01-2010, 05:42 PM
thanks aaronng... rang Mekong Spares their prices seem alrite... has anyone bought parts from them before??? also just wanted to know how many bottles of brake fluid would i need to flush and replace with new??...

cheers

tpphan
27-01-2010, 06:13 PM
thanks aaronng... rang Mekong Spares their prices seem alrite... has anyone bought parts from them before??? also just wanted to know how many bottles of brake fluid would i need to flush and replace with new??...

cheers

Yeah, I normally buy from them.

2 bottles of brake fluid should do the job :)