PDA

View Full Version : Low Rise Seat Rail suggestions and recommendations.

shurman
20-01-2010, 12:59 AM
People,

I have recently installed EK9 Recaros into my EK hatch. My problem lies in the fact that the stock EK9 rails are so high. I don't want to be able to see the entire bonnet, hit my head on the roof liner and feel like a complete knob.

In my old civic I have recaros attached to low rise vision rails. This rails were pure, solid crap. Only one side of the rail would actually engage and hold the seat from sliding, allowing the opposite side to slide a fair amount upon acceleration and braking, awesome.

Can anyone recommend low rise rails to me? If you could include where you purchased them as well please.

Many Thanks.

xntrik
20-01-2010, 01:05 AM
I think recaro or bride or both makes lower rails.

Or you can go the cheap way and get universal lower rails, probably on ebay.

=)

jks24
22-01-2010, 06:54 PM
jdm concept or jdm hut...one of those two has low rails i think

d15z1SUX
22-01-2010, 08:22 PM
im using buddyclub ones... they are nice and solid, no problems so far.

hisoka
22-01-2010, 09:22 PM
vision make super low rails. there pretty good

if you cannot afford, you can modify ek9 rails according the the americans lols but i dont think its as easy as modify say rails for a s13 or something like that

Mr.Brightside
22-01-2010, 09:54 PM
^
yeah vision super low rails are good, but will set you back a good 200~. try ebay

tRipitaka
22-01-2010, 11:19 PM
vision make super low rails. there pretty good

^
yeah vision super low rails are good, but will set you back a good 200~. try ebay

In my old civic I have recaros attached to low rise vision rails. This rails were pure, solid crap. Only one side of the rail would actually engage and hold the seat from sliding, allowing the opposite side to slide a fair amount upon acceleration and braking, awesome.

lol.

i'm not sure whether bride or recaro make them for the bottom mounted seats.

you might have to settle with the vision rails, or go for a full bucket, where you can get height adjustable rails from bride, buddyclub etc.

shurman
23-01-2010, 07:59 AM
cheers for all the info people.

I'll send out some e-mails.

hisoka
23-01-2010, 12:03 PM
lols i didnt even read that part hahah fail.

but nah thats the only brand ive ever had, vision and bride rails.

bride rails second hand are becoming cheaper i noticed aswell lol.

shurman
24-01-2010, 12:39 AM
That's cool bro. Cheers for the insight eh!
Now I just need to sell some parts so I can afford new rails.